• The KillerFrogs

Alamo Bowl

Mean Purple

Feel free to show us all the great resume that Penn St and Washington have. And guess what, if those teams had just played Oklahoma yesterday then they'd have 3 losses right now too. All of the teams that passed us would've lost to Oklahoma yesterday.
Exactly. They claim body of work for Bama. Then screw us over, while claiming sooner strength of schedule. Their math does not work out.

Anybody defending the committee has their head in a log.

This is about money and brands.

Moose Stuff

You're right. And that's what I simply can't understand. If Baylor could score 40 points on them, why couldn't we? Is there an answer to that question? We played Oklahoma just about like KU played them.

They made changes on their defense and got better.

Wally the Frog

Let's go the Alamo. Beat whoever they pair us with and end the year ranked between #10 and #12. I call that a successful year. If you told me last year that this is where the Frogs would be...no way I would have believed it.

Win the bowl game and move on to next year. The future is bright and we should enjoy it.

It could be a lot worse....ask Tech, Texas, Baylor, or anyone else in our conference that is not OU.

TX_Krötenechse

Apparently I forgot that Washington lost to ASU?

Doesn’t matter. Still would rather play Stanford than UCF. Happy with the matchup and don’t think we are being disrespected at all after the way we played yesterday.

It does if you think that finishing the season in the top 10 is better than finishing 14

From both a perception for this year and where you start next year perspective

Plus it says a lot about the perception of our conference that our #2 is 15

I bet we don’t hear that having 8 bowl eligible teams shows it’s a strong conference- I bet we hear it means we are all mediocre after OU

We haven’t finished the season yet. Win the bowl and whether we finish 9 or 14 this season really won’t have any bearing where we finish next season. I just want our fans to support the program and SHOW UP regardless of where we play in a few weeks. I remember when we used to [ hundin] about playing in pre-Christmas bowls.

This is not, and has nothing to do with, how the Cotton Bowl matchup is decided.

If you don't think bowl reps have any communication with committee members you are sorely mistaken. We may have been going to the AB all along but a lower ranking makes it more justifiable.

See last year. OU was CLEARLY the 3rd best team in the nation. Suddenly on selection Sunday they'e 4th and instead of playing in Arlington against Bama they played in Pasadena. OU would have brought more fans...but most live within a tank of gas from here and wouldn't need flights, hotels, etc. Follow the money.

CountryFrog

Whether you think it's a huge difference or not between the bowls, opponents, or rankings, it's getting hard to argue the idea that the committee has a pretty severe bias against TCU for whatever reason. I'm not into full blown conspiracy theories but they clearly don't have any problem dropping TCU at any and every opportunity.

FBallFan123

Irish is 9 -3. Got destroyed by Miami.

Can't rank them above frogs.

Again, committee is a fraud. Doubt they watch even half the games they claim.

Miami has no business in top 10 the way they played last two weeks.

But a would be bad look for NY6 to have a team in it ranked really low only because of ACC tie-in

Clearly political ranking to have them 10.

We haven’t finished the season yet. Win the bowl and whether we finish 9 or 14 this season really won’t have any bearing where we finish next season. I just want our fans to support the program and SHOW UP regardless of where we play in a few weeks. I remember when we used to [ poofster ] about playing in pre-Christmas bowls.
Our turnout will be better than Stanford's but that's not saying much as this will not be a hot ticket. Now, the Cotton would have had a very strong showing but alas that's not the case. I doubt we see attendance that comes close to matching the last trip to Alamo.

flyfishingfrog

We haven’t finished the season yet. Win the bowl and whether we finish 9 or 14 this season really won’t have any bearing where we finish next season. I just want our fans to support the program and SHOW UP regardless of where we play in a few weeks. I remember when we used to [ poofster ] about playing in pre-Christmas bowls.

The only way we finish 9 is if 6 teams ahead of us in a NY6 that are NOT in the CFP lose their bowl game and that is almost not possible

Sorry there is no way to get a top 10 starting at 15 with the current CFP/NY6 bowl setup if you are not in a NY6

CountryFrog

I don't understand people who keep bringing up how we played yesterday. Do you not realize that the only reason we even had a game yesterday was because of the success we had for the entire season? And that all those teams who passed us didn't play well enough throughout the season to even have an opportunity to play in a game yesterday? I don't know how this point is being missed so badly by so many.

Endless Purple

The only way we finish 9 is if 6 teams ahead of us in a NY6 that are NOT in the CFP lose their bowl game and that is almost not possible

Sorry there is no way to get a top 10 starting at 15 with the current CFP/NY6 bowl setup if you are not in a NY6
Except we are not starting at 15 for the final polls. We are 13th in both the AP and Coaches. The committee does not release another poll so the AP is what will matter, just need to go up 3 places for top 10.