• The KillerFrogs

Bowl Options

Mean Purple

nah. they have had the list of teams ESPN ordered them to put in for weeks. I'm sure the ESPN writers and that skag Dinich will help them come up with talking points by tomorrow.

It is not like they have to make it sound like they go by any standard. They have not used the same standards from year to year yet.

I'd love to go back to AT&T for a NY6 Bowl. Some of the posts about playing there are just ridiculous. It is a great place to watch a game, it's local, and it's been a great benefit to get to play teams like LSU and next year OSU there where we don't have to travel. It was a great venue for us today to play. Would you rather have traveled to Kansas City or have the game played in Norman? If we play in the Alamo Bowl, I will happily go to the game but the travel and the venue is no comparison.

Austintxfrog94

I would not like to be Kirby Hocutt tomorrow. He will not be allowed in the state of Alabama the rest of his life. I’m not saying that’s a horrible punishment but he will be catching hell from The Gumps.

Bama fan’s tone on their message boards reminds me of 2014. They’re about to have a rude awakening,

I would not like to be Kirby Hocutt tomorrow. He will not be allowed in the state of Alabama the rest of his life. I’m not saying that’s a horrible punishment but he will be catching hell from The Gumps.

Bama fan’s tone on their message boards reminds me of 2014. They’re about to have a rude awakening,

Difference is...We were conference champs and they didn't win their division.

OmniscienceFrog

Difference is...We were conference champs and they didn't win their division.
I'm no Alabama fan or advocate, but that excuse is so bogus. They are different from 2014 TCU in semantics only. We were co-champs in 2014. The big 12 just didn't use a tie-breaker to determine a clear cut champion then. In 2014 we wound up with one loss, in conference, same as Alabama this year. If the reason Alabama didn't win their division this year was applied to TCU in 2014, we wouldn't have deserved to be considered either.

Do you think TCU should have been included in 2014?

ftwfrog

I'd love to go back to AT&T for a NY6 Bowl. Some of the posts about playing there are just ridiculous. It is a great place to watch a game, it's local, and it's been a great benefit to get to play teams like LSU and next year OSU there where we don't have to travel. It was a great venue for us today to play. Would you rather have traveled to Kansas City or have the game played in Norman? If we play in the Alamo Bowl, I will happily go to the game but the travel and the venue is no comparison.
Agreed with all except “it’s a great place to watch a game”. It’s great if you’re not in the upper deck.

But our few options seem to be Alamo or Cotton. It’s a no brainer for me. Give me the bigger payout & better opponent.

cdsfrog

Alamo bowl was horribly prepared last time we played there. Just horrible

I sprinted back to the hotel (Uber and taxi was impossible), as no restaurant was open. Got back to hotel bar which thankfully reopened restaurant seating.

They had no staff but I was patient and very nice to waitress who served us in 15 min, food in 30. Others that got there after still working were waiting for food when we left bar at 1230am.

Planks

The problem with this list is they mismatch the pairings from a rankings standpoint. The committee makes pairings by matching the highest ranked teams then going down the list. Look at the past three years for At Large NY6 Bowls, the Committee has never once mismatched pairings from a rankings standpoint.

2014 At Large Pairings:
#5 Baylor vs #8 Michigan State
#6 TCU vs #9 Ole Miss
#10 Arizona vs #20 Boise State

2015 At Large pairings
#7 Ohio State vs #8 Notre Dame
#9 Florida State vs #18 Houston

2016 At Large pairings
#8 Wisconsin vs #15 Western Michigan

So in Jerry Palms scenario, Auburn and TCU should be switched. Auburn and Penn State in the Cotton Bowl, and TCU vs UCF in the Peach Bowl.

netty2424

The problem with this list is they mismatch the pairings from a rankings standpoint. The committee makes pairings by matching the highest ranked teams then going down the list. Look at the past three years for At Large NY6 Bowls, the Committee has never once mismatched pairings from a rankings standpoint.

2014 At Large Pairings:
#5 Baylor vs #8 Michigan State
#6 TCU vs #9 Ole Miss
#10 Arizona vs #20 Boise State

2015 At Large pairings
#7 Ohio State vs #8 Notre Dame
#9 Florida State vs #18 Houston

2016 At Large pairings
#8 Wisconsin vs #15 Western Michigan

So in Jerry Palms scenario, Auburn and TCU should be switched. Auburn and Penn State in the Cotton Bowl, and TCU vs UCF in the Peach Bowl.
Shhhhhhh, someone on the committee might hear you!