• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Championship Tickets

tcumaniac

So damn proud of our students.

I was out there tonight for the Fast Break Club dinner and they were still out there in force.

Spoke to Del Conte at the dinner and he said the school was only allotted about 800 student tickets, so he led the charge to make more student tickets available (about 3,200 to be exact) and they subsidized the price to make them available to all of the students for just $60.

He was giving them a hard time for not reading their entire emails. Said they ordered the tickets this weekend and that pick up is available all week, so there was no need to stand in line for 4 plus hours like some of them did. He joked that he was walking down stadium drive by the ranch management building telling kids they could just come back tomorrow or the next day or the day after that. Haha

Sounds like the first 800 to 900 or so kids got lower bowl tickets in the endzone and the rest of the students are being put up in the 400s.

joefrog91

I need to call the ticket office today. Just realized my new credit card has a different CVV code on the back. Hope that doesn't cost me those seats.

Dogfrog

Someday the ticket office should upgrade their system to better merge ticket/account info with customer email confirmations.

XIIFrog

Sounds like the first 800 to 900 or so kids got lower bowl tickets in the endzone and the rest of the students are being put up in the 400s.

That's the main reason for standing in line/getting there early.

From what I remember with student tickets, the first ones to claim them get the best seats; if you wait until the end of the week, you're enjoying the nosebleeds.

Horned Toad

So damn proud of our students.

I was out there tonight for the Fast Break Club dinner and they were still out there in force.

Spoke to Del Conte at the dinner and he said the school was only allotted about 800 student tickets, so he led the charge to make more student tickets available (about 3,200 to be exact) and they subsidized the price to make them available to all of the students for just $60.

He was giving them a hard time for not reading their entire emails. Said they ordered the tickets this weekend and that pick up is available all week, so there was no need to stand in line for 4 plus hours like some of them did. He joked that he was walking down stadium drive by the ranch management building telling kids they could just come back tomorrow or the next day or the day after that. Haha

Ha, my daughter said she waited in line for 4 hours to pick up her upper deck 400 seats. Good for her, bonding experience! Go Frogs!

tcumaniac

That's the main reason for standing in line/getting there early.

From what I remember with student tickets, the first ones to claim them get the best seats; if you wait until the end of the week, you're enjoying the nosebleeds.

Exactly. But in this situation only the first 800 or so students got those lower bowl seats. And they go even faster when students inevitably show up with their buddies' IDs. Point being, the kiddos waiting 4 plus hours should have just come back later this week because they had no chance at those first 800 seats.

Side note: my freshman year I camped out with a bunch of other students to be first in line for Rose Bowl tickets. Turns out they started allocating from the center of the endzone and moved around closer to the sideline, so the late comers ended up getting the best seats.

Sebastian S

There are the club levels then there is one in the middle, C235(Founders club)?

What's so special about those?

Prices are a little higher then regular club level but not that much higher.

Bob Sugar

If I read correctly, that is a true "club" with a buffet and open bar. Not sure if Either of those are correct, and even if so, if they are open for anything but Cowboys games.

Sebastian S

If it came with food and drinks that could be worth it.

Anyone know if they do that for non Cowboys games?

I have sat in regular club seats but never been in the founders club.

MAcFroggy

There are the club levels then there is one in the middle, C235(Founders club)?

What's so special about those?

Prices are a little higher then regular club level but not that much higher.

During Cowboys games, the founders club has free open bar and free food.

The other club sections are more or less just better seats (location and comfort) with access to some tables and hard liquor. The club section is sectioned off from the rest of the stadium. It has its own entrances, own concession stands, own bathrooms, etc. Founders club has the same things as well as the free food and free drinks.

I do not know what it is like during the non-Cowboys games. You might be able reach out to ATT stadium.

ATXFrog

During Cowboys games, the founders club has free open bar and free food.

The other club sections are more or less just better seats (location and comfort) with access to some tables and hard liquor. The club section is sectioned off from the rest of the stadium. It has its own entrances, own concession stands, own bathrooms, etc. Founders club has the same things as well as the free food and free drinks.

I do not know what it is like during the non-Cowboys games. You might be able reach out to ATT stadium.

Buddy called stadium and no open bar and free food for Founders tickets during this game. The craigslist and post in Ticket exchange here probably knew that beforehand and that's why they went over the top to pretend like they didn't. 350 still not outrageous price but I'm going to pass when something seems fishy.

Sebastian S

Buddy called stadium and no open bar and free food for Founders tickets during this game. The craigslist and post in Ticket exchange here probably knew that beforehand and that's why they went over the top to pretend like they didn't. 350 still not outrageous price but I'm going to pass when something seems fishy.
They (secondary market) sure are inflating the prices for the founders club.

If there is no difference from regular club seats then there shouldn't be a premium.

Bob Sugar

I still have an extra parking pass in Silver Lot 4 from my ticketmaster ordering snafu. PM me if you are interested.

EDIT: Sorry folks...
tenor.gif

Last edited:

MAcFroggy

Anybody have an estimate of what the total attendance will be? Fan Split?

I am thinking probably around 65. Fan split will probably be around 60-40 with OU having the advantage.

VictoryLap

Anyone need two tickets?

Section 308, Row 8 seats 15 and 16

Willing to let them go under face value as I have been offered an upgrade from a buddy.

$160 per obo