• The KillerFrogs

Adventures in Sand Aggie Land

Pharm Frog

Thank me later... Capital Pizza in Lubbock is fantastic. I’m in Lubbock two or three times a year for business and I found this gem a while back.

Where’s Capital Pizza in Lbutt? I’ve been sentenced to Lamesa for T-giving and will be seeking reasons to leave.

BleedNPurple

It’ll all be alright - just know there’s a crowd base that doesn’t know how to be civilized. Don’t know where their ugly fan mentality comes from? TT needs to take a look at their idiot fan base. That said - hope we run them out of their stadium!

tcufrogger

Anyone know what the deal is on Parking? I see there is a Parking Garage across from the Stadium called Raider Park and I can buy a pass online but it says pick up at Will Call? Does that mean I need to actually find my way to Will Call to get the parking pass and then park? This is my first trip up and I guess I can chance it and find some parking somewhere off site but if I can pre-buy parking - one less headache!

Caprock

Anyone know what the deal is on Parking? I see there is a Parking Garage across from the Stadium called Raider Park and I can buy a pass online but it says pick up at Will Call? Does that mean I need to actually find my way to Will Call to get the parking pass and then park? This is my first trip up and I guess I can chance it and find some parking somewhere off site but if I can pre-buy parking - one less headache!

Is there a number you can call tomorrow and ask about where that will call is? Raider Park is a joint venture between the Alumni Association and a private group. Not sure if that would be the will call at the stadium. There are churches over by Broadway that you can park at for a reasonable price and walk down University to the stadium which would be a 10-15 min walk. Also could try parking along the streets in Overton Park which is just east of the stadium across University. Don’t park in the retail lots across from the stadium or you will be towed. Good luck.

Chongo94

Cold front is moving in Saturday morning. Temps before game in high 40’s to low 50’s at game time with wind out of the north at 28 mph. There won’t be much tailgating before this one. For the kids you might want to take them to the National Ranching Heritage Center.

http://www.depts.ttu.edu/nrhc/

Have a safe trip and good time.

Hey Caprock, my mom and a friend are going to the Holiday Happenings this weekend and only decided within the last week or two to do so. They called and got a hotel without an issue, which shocked me. Normally, or at least in prior seasons, you'd have to call months in advance for anything on a game weekend.

Do you think this is due to more hotels or is it perhaps indicative that a smaller crowd may be on hand for this game?

Chongo94

Where are you staying frogger? Do as Caprock says and I would also offer up you can park in the Tech Terrace area (neighborhood between university and Indiana from 19th to 34th street.) Park in that neighborhood closer to 19th. You'll walk through campus to get to the stadium but also walking back and leaving that neighborhood is far easier than anything else by the stadium, especially if you're staying anywhere in south lubbock as you can easily get away from gameday traffic.

Caprock

Hey Caprock, my mom and a friend are going to the Holiday Happenings this weekend and only decided within the last week or two to do so. They called and got a hotel without an issue, which shocked me. Normally, or at least in prior seasons, you'd have to call months in advance for anything on a game weekend.

Do you think this is due to more hotels or is it perhaps indicative that a smaller crowd may be on hand for this game?

The increase in hotels has helped a little, but the main reason is the traveling fanbase has decided that 5 years in and no marked improvement just isn’t worth the effort and expense. Throw in another 11am start, and it is what it is.

Salfrog

Tier 1
It’ll all be alright - just know there’s a crowd base that doesn’t know how to be civilized. Don’t know where their ugly fan mentality comes from? TT needs to take a look at their idiot fan base. That said - hope we run them out of their stadium!

I hate that place and the students there with a passion. Ever since my father & I went there the year they scored 70 on us, and some punks threw water & spit on my father for absolutely no reason, I have hated all of them.

Realtorfrog

There's a Methodist Church across from campus that has parking for $10. It's only a few blocks. Have parked their for about 10 years.
Sorry I don't know the name of it.