• The KillerFrogs

Maybe Cumbie isn't the guy for offensive coordinator

Moose Stuff

I apologize to the board ahead of time for asking this, but aside from media abd bloggers looking to generate traffic who are these "quite a few people"?

Please, please tell me they are the same media idiots who mention Cowher and Gruden with each job.

Yeah, I’d like to hear the answer to this as well. WHO is talking about it?

asleep003

At least one of the CGP's buddies(WR's coaches) needs to be moved to a desk job so we can bring in at least one WR pro to teach the kids from personal experience and real knowledge ... just like we did with Chris Thomsen, who took the same basic OL talent as we had last year, yet we are in a much better spot now to finish strong. Thanks Chris, and with a very very modest OL depth chart.

We could increase our position next year too, with Cumbie evaluating the 2 high end young QBs and a good hands/route/WR blocking technique coach. We are pretty deficient there... still slightly better than last years, mostly due to OL run and protection improvement. With Reagor/Manning/and some really impressive WR/Athlete recruits ... not to mention Turpin's senior year, we could take these kids to the next level, with CGP doing the next right thing.

But this year is now .... and we have all the time in the world(8 mos.) to direct the Football program how to run it's business. So lets get behind our guys now and quit bitching and whining !

Last edited:

asleep003

Taj is the closest thing to being our downfield guy and we still really don't know why he is not given any play time.

We have been wondering about that since day 1.

It's obvious why he is not on the front line for us. It's been addressed often... 2016 disappointments, though he has made a couple of decent plays this year. Nobody is going to be Doctson, though Reagor and Manning ... plus some other incoming talented commits, may surprise in the future year.

Last edited:

Sebastian S

It's obvious why he is not on the front line for us. It's been addressed often... 2016 disappointments, though he has made a couple of decent plays this year. Nobody is going to be Doctson, though Reagor and Manning ... plus some other incoming talented commits, may surprise in the future year.

2016 disappointments?

Taj led TCU receivers in yards, avg yards and td's in 2016. 2nd in receptions.

I don't think performance is the issue. It's something either personal or inside the locker room.

cdsfrog

2016 disappointments?

Taj led TCU receivers in yards, avg yards and td's in 2016. 2nd in receptions.

I don't think performance is the issue. It's something either personal or inside the locker room.

Perhaps. As a whole our WRs have been a massive letdown with little to no development. Just like our Oline was from 2011-2013. Hopefully its better next year.

W

Way of the Frog

At least one of the CGP's buddies(WR's coaches) needs to be moved to a desk job so we can bring in at least one WR pro to teach the kids from personal experience and real knowledge ... just like we did with Chris Thomsen, who took the same basic OL talent as we had last year, yet we are in a much better spot now to finish strong. Thanks Chris, and with a very very modest OL depth chart.

We could increase our position next year too, with Cumbie evaluating the 2 high end young QBs and a good hands/route/WR blocking technique coach. We are pretty deficient there... still slightly better than last years, mostly due to OL run and protection improvement. With Reagor/Manning/and some really impressive WR/Athlete recruits ... not to mention Turpin's senior year, we could take these kids to the next level, with CGP doing the next right thing.

But this year is now .... and we have all the time in the world(8 mos.) to direct the Football program how to run it's business. So lets get behind our guys now and quit bitching and whining !

Has the NCAA increased the number of coaches on a staff to 10?

The reason why I ask is not regarding the WR position, but at this time the Frogs still don't have a full time LB coach (I understand we have a GA with a bit of experience) and something needs to be done to resolve that situation.

Salfrog

Tier 1
It would be nice if we could add Sonny Dykes to a full time position as QB, Co OC, or assistant HC. I think he could also help out our offense & QB's tremendously with his experience.

Sebastian S

It would be nice if we could add Sonny Dykes to a full time position as QB, Co OC, or assistant HC. I think he could also help out our offense & QB's tremendously with his experience.

What can/can't Sonny Dykes do behind closed doors during practice?

I am sure he has insight and can "consult" on any part of the offense?

Wexahu

Is Dykes the answer? Why do we need Dykes, we have Sonny and Luper as Co Oc's? Are you saying we need 3 Oc's?

I always thought the Dykes factor was overrated. From all indications we're paying one of our co-OC's close to $1M/year, plus we have another co-OC who is probably making north of $500k. If we need a consultant to help them out something is wrong.

4th. down

I always thought the Dykes factor was overrated. From all indications we're paying one of our co-OC's close to $1M/year, plus we have another co-OC who is probably making north of $500k. If we need a consultant to help them out something is wrong.

"If we need a consultant to help them out something is wrong."

Bingo!

First we could not wait for Meacham and Sonny to do their wonders. Then we couldn't wait until Meacham left. We thought Sonny was going to be OC then the next thing we knew, GP says not so fast here, Luper, you are now also going to be Co-OC but then we think we need a 3rd., bring in Dykes. As Wex says, something is amiss here.

Wexahu

Bingo!

First we could not wait for Meacham and Sonny to do their wonders. Then we couldn't wait until Meacham left. We thought Sonny was going to be OC then the next thing we knew, GP says not so fast here, Luper, you are now also going to be Co-OC but then we think we need a 3rd., bring in Dykes. As Wex says, something is amiss here.

To be fair though, I'm sure working as an OC under GP isn't the easiest thing to do at all.

cheese83

Bingo!

That seems to be a trend these days. Think Bama did it last year with Sark while Kiffin was running the show. Just an extra way to get a coach on staff.