• The KillerFrogs

Experience The Nightmare of Exiting Lot #3

berryfrog95

Silver lining......as we enjoyed a cold one until 11pm.......From Lot 3 We watched several dudes get detained by the FWPD, they had them sit on the curb handcuffed for at least an hour waiting on the paddy wagon....and also the loads of talent rolling by while watching the late games

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Back in the 60's, before the game, students worked collecting money and directing cars where to park. After the game, it was a free-for all getting out. No FWPD cops, no TCU cops, no student parking lot attendants directing traffic.

Frogenstein

I’m not, I was just trying to make the point that I don’t think there is much left they can do. The residential roads just can’t deal with stadium traffic. For the record, if I lived on Highview or Boyd I would sell spots. Is your house the one with the chairs and TV set up in the front yard on the east side of Boyd? If so, nice setup.

AroundWorldFrog

Back in the 60's, before the game, students worked collecting money and directing cars where to park. After the game, it was a free-for all getting out. No FWPD cops, no TCU cops, no student parking lot attendants directing traffic.
But there was only a couple hundred people so....

AroundWorldFrog

You guys should deal with this every day for 6 years...it gives you a good perspective on things.

upload_2017-11-6_18-32-11.jpeg

chaos.jpg

images

images

BoydAveFrogFan

I’m not, I was just trying to make the point that I don’t think there is much left they can do. The residential roads just can’t deal with stadium traffic. For the record, if I lived on Highview or Boyd I would sell spots. Is your house the one with the chairs and TV set up in the front yard on the east side of Boyd? If so, nice setup.
yes stop on by sometime. I was messing with you on my comment

froggrad08

There has to be better parking options than parking somewhere that requires standing in line for a bus.

I used to find a spot over off Cockrill and Cantey area along those streets. Got a little one now and that’s a long walk with him.

Not all of us can swing those nice close parking spots.

Normally the buses are quick and we wait maybe 5 minutes. However, this week it was at least 30 minutes.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I used to find a spot over off [ the old ricardo ]rill and Cantey area along those streets. Got a little one now and that’s a long walk with him.

Not all of us can swing those nice close parking spots.

Normally the buses are quick and we wait maybe 5 minutes. However, this week it was at least 30 minutes.
Makes sense. 5 minutes is reasonable.

Young and Horned

Yah, they used to allow exiting by colonial. Not so much now. Slowed it down a lot. If you can. Exit and turn right towards Berry. You wait a while for walkers by the BLUU but after that it is a breeze.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
The garage can be a disaster for the smaller crowds for basketball games as well. Learned that the hard way last year. We tailgate in lot 4 and use the back way to get to Highview. No need to get dragged into the lot 3 mess on Cantey. It works pretty well if you wait a little while after the initial onslaught. I think the FWPD does a decent job getting people moving on the North side of the stadium towards Colonial, where there are several escape options.

They have pissed me off on occasion. The last time we lost to UT (the rain delay game) I was circling back to pick up the rest of our family at Cantey and Stadium and just as I was about to turn right (like everyone else ahead of me was doing) and a FWPD cop puts a cone right in front of my car and says I need to turn around. Given the way the game went, I was not amused with his traffic control expertise. An argument ensued, I ended up blowing thru the cone and eventually I was given a ticket. However, it was later dismissed. WINNING!

Deep Purple

We park in Lot 6, and frankly, getting into that lot at the UT game was a lot more difficult than getting out of it. Took us only 15 minutes to get out. Took more than an hour to get in.

The Fort Worth Police weren't a help at all, they were a major impediment. Even at light-controlled intersections where they overruled the lights by directing traffic personally, they held the traffic from every direction much too long (through 4-5 traffic light cycles) for cross-traffic or pedestrians. It should be no more than 2 cycles. As a result of these overlong traffic hold-ups, the Police caused the traffic from just about every direction to back-up and logjam much worse than if there were no police traffic control at all. They weren't the solution, they were part of the problem.

After one game last year, we decided that instead of exiting toward I-20 down Hulen, as we always do -- and as everybody else does, creating monster traffic jams at Hulen and I-20 -- we would instead exit down Granbury. By getting on the freeway there, we would avoid entering and contributing to the tremendous traffic logjam at I-20 and Hulen.

Alas, we didn't figure on the FWPD's idiotically conceived traffic-control strategy. They had blocked off the I-20 freeway entrance at Granbury and were directing all traffic down the access road right into -- you guessed it -- the monster traffic logjam at I-20 and Hulen, thus making the problem there worse than it would have otherwise been. Brilliant!

Obviously, I don't have a high opinion of FWPD traffic control after special events. Their strategy seems to be more intent on aggravating than alleviating traffic tie-ups.

Realtorfrog

Seriously, we sat and drank one or two, then there was no line at all to leave.

Apparently, though, the Uber/Lyft situation on Cantey is completely messing up everything over there. The car services have taken over and their drivers are all lining up on the southbound side of Wabash from Cantey, when coupled with the legal street parking along the northbound side, basically shuts Wabash down. And they’re also lining up on westbound Cantey, blocking the exits from the UCC lot where we have a couple of spots. My wife was furious at how long it took to leave the other night. Truthfully, though, she was probably more upset I had the lot 3 pass and sat there drinking.

Park at UCC as well and yes the uber/lyft setup is to blame. They will stop in the middle of the road flashers on and wait.... and then their people working the tent area try to stop traffic. It's a mess