• The KillerFrogs

SB Nation: Iowa State showed blueprint for Texas to beat TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
SB Nation: Iowa State showed blueprint for Texas to beat TCU

by Wescott Eberts@SBN_Wescott

For a second time this season, the Iowa State Cyclones stunned a highly-ranked opponent in Ames last weekend, sending the TCU Horned Frogs to the program’s first loss season. In doing so, the Cyclones illustrated how the Texas Longhorns can pull of a similar feat this weekend.

To be sure, the task facing Texas will be more difficult — the ‘Horns won’t be playing in front of a raucous home crowd and the Horned Frogs will almost certainly be re-focused and intent on making up for last week’s performance.

But the game does still provide a blueprint for how the Longhorns can break through with the first major win of the Tom Herman era.

Read more at https://www.burntorangenation.com/2...ns-tcu-horned-frogs-iowa-state-cyclones-upset

Purp

This effort makes Carlos look like Dan Jenkins. Grammar apparently doesn't matter anymore, not even remotely. And I didn't realize Sewo wore #7 for the fumble against Iowa State, but Kenny wore it for the INTs.

How do you write an article about the blueprint ISU gave the conference for beating TCU when you didn't even watch the game to get the blueprint?

LSU Game Attendee

Is the blueprint to have Hill turn it over inside the dive twice and make sure a bunch of holding penalties are called?

Iowa State is good, but TCU beat themselves that game.
On the offensive side of the ball, I think the play to have the frog DE lethargically step offsides and negate a pick six was the best one that wunderkind Campbell drew up. You know Coach Mensa will be all over that!

MTfrog5

This effort makes Carlos look like Dan Jenkins. Grammar apparently doesn't matter anymore, not even remotely. And I didn't realize Sewo wore #7 for the fumble against Iowa State, but Kenny wore it for the INTs.

How do you write an article about the blueprint ISU gave the conference for beating TCU when you didn't even watch the game to get the blueprint?

I wasn't able to watch much of the game so I had to resort to the ESPN app. They gave Sewo the fumble on the app and didn't fix it during the game. Looks like the solid reporting came from an App

Limp Lizard

I wasn't able to watch much of the game so I had to resort to the ESPN app. They gave Sewo the fumble on the app and didn't fix it during the game. Looks like the solid reporting came from an App
Thanks. The article confused me. I thought Hill had the fumble. And yes, he did.

FrogLifeYo

So if you out smart us and bring more emotion to the game than us you can win...In addition, you must hope that we turn the ball over twice inside your 10 and that our Sr QB has one of his all time worst performances for a second week in a row

Yah...that seems reasonable Whorns...It was definitely a ISU formula..We didn't beat ourselves they took it to us...:( $);$&&& BS article

Bob

Honestly, I do not know why TCU even bothers to show for this game. We've been beaten before we play every year.

dawg

The best, most astute, thought in that mess of an article came in the comments section:

"Would help to draw the exact same officiating crew, as well. The refs at that game wiped out virtually every big play TCU made on offense during the second half. TCU deserved to lose the game but they probably would have won it spite of themselves with a different crew of refs."

He didn't mention phantom PI calls on 3rd and long that extended ISU's two touchdown drives, but I digress...