• The KillerFrogs

Apparently, ISU is a lock to win on Saturday

Deep Purple

They are playing good ball and have taken down a giant already. I think their comments are not too out of line, at least with Vegas. I like our guys, but it’s our first cold game and that’s not gonna help with our dropsies problem. Hope we can run the ball.
It's their first cold game too. Iowa has had a very warm fall this year, and at this stage their players are no more used to the cold than ours are. The cold weather will not be an advantage for either team.

Waccy Frog

Defensively, we need to focus and be ready to play, then everything will take care of itself. Once again, we are playing a QB with very little game experience, so I would expect GP to really mix things up.

Offensively, we need to make plays. If we drop pass after pass and miss opportunities like we did in road games at Arky and K State, things could go sideways fast. ISU has a better offense than those two teams and will make us pay. If we make plays like we did at OSU, we will rock.

Deep Purple

Anything above 40 is not cold for football. At all.
It's relative to the time of year. Temps in the 40s wouldn't feel particularly cold in December because you're already acclimated to the cold. But after 7 months of temps in the 80s to 100+, that first 40s cold snap of fall is going to feel chilly -- even on the field.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/tcu-6-5.232373/

GO FROGS!

8624966.jpeg

Thanks to KFC for the fully ironed TCU t-shirt that made this thread possible.
Not sure where you’re getting “lock” from. Stupid exaggerated thread title

They are playing good ball and have taken down a giant already. I think their comments are not too out of line, at least with Vegas. I like our guys, but it’s our first cold game and that’s not gonna help with our dropsies problem. Hope we can run the ball.
40+ degrees is not cold to football players.

And they all wear gloves.

Kejones68

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/tcu-6-5.232373/

GO FROGS!

8624966.jpeg

Thanks to KFC for the fully ironed TCU t-shirt that made this thread possible.

Hello from CyclONEnation...

Please don't take what those on Cyclonefanatic say too seriously. For the most part, Iowa State fans know who we are and are just hoping to keep climbing as we go forward.

I'm hoping to see a good game with both teams coming out healthy afterwards.

CountryFrog

Hello from CyclONEnation...

Please don't take what those on Cyclonefanatic say too seriously. For the most part, Iowa State fans know who we are and are just hoping to keep climbing as we go forward.

I'm hoping to see a good game with both teams coming out healthy afterwards.
Is your new QB a good runner? We struggle (relatively speaking) a bit against guys who can move. Pocket passers have typically had very little success against Patterson defenses.

H0RNEDFR0G

Iowa State's defense is very good. OU's defense this year is mediocre, TTU's is bad. UT's defense is comparable to ours, but their offense is bad. OU prepped for Park, not sure how much that hurt their gameplan. I think we win, but not by more than 14.

H0RNEDFR0G

Is your new QB a good runner? We struggle (relatively speaking) a bit against guys who can move. Pocket passers have typically had very little success against Patterson defenses.

He ran for 42 yards against TTU on 4 attempts (one was 27 yards). 3 rushing attempts vs KU for -7 yards and 3 against OU for 0 yards. I'm going to say he's not much of a rushing threat. Here is the long one: