• The KillerFrogs

Prediction Thread: Frogs v Cats

berryfrog95

Hate that there's higher rain chances, really will turn into who makes less mistakes in the run game.

I have to think we have the advantage on both lines of scrimmage......must eliminate the big play by KState to give them hope. Blitz off the edges with a raw QB as he appears to have better wheels overall in the run game.

With decent weather was going to go with TCU 36-26

But with cooler and current weather projections:

TCU 29-23 (late fg and on-side kick fails for KSU)

Sebastian S

I would love to pay them back for last year.

Spent $$ to get into the south end zone club level because of the weather, turned out to be the worst loss in awhile.

Wexahu

Frogs - 38
Purple Wizards - 31

Purple Wizard does Purple Wizard things and keeps it close.

I'm not sure the Purple Wizard really does a whole lot anymore except stand there on the sidelines and look old. Take a look at any 78-year old out there that you know (not to mention one recovering from cancer) and imagine them running a college football team, it's crazy to think about. There's no way he can be in tune with everything going on with that team like he was 10, or even 5 years ago. His assistants are pulling almost all the heavy weight, they almost have to be.

Maybe he still has some wizardly magic coursing through his veins. If so, I hope he doesn't use it this week.

Pharm Frog

No surprise here but Frogs lose. Surprise is that Frogs lose big. Frog D-line cannot separate from Cat O-line mainly because the B12 officials used up their season quota of holding flags against KSU in the 2OT against Texas. Both KSU QBs run for over 50 yards on a bewildered Frog D and one of these QBs goes for 120 and two rushing touchdowns. Three...count them...three TD passes of over 60 yards are given up by Frogs when Cat QBs appear to be running (and Cat line appears to be run blocking four yards downfield occupying a safety and a backer). One of these TD passes happens because a CB slips and falls on the wet turf. Two Frogs are ejected for targeting in the first half.

Falling behind by 17 points early, the offense begins to press. Run game is abandoned early. For some reason the Frogs decide to wear their Ice helmets and KH has difficulty discerning between the purple and silver helmets. Two interceptions result (none of these because of throwing off the back foot). One of these is a Pick Six. Frog receivers have enough difficulty catching dry footballs. Rainy conditions make this a farce of drops. Frogs miss a chip shot field goal after three consecutive failed fade patterns after having first and goal from the six yard line. Miss another mid-distance attempt later. Cats connect on three field goals.Two Frog offensive stars (not KH) do not play "for disciplinary reasons".

Rumor begins that CGP did not fully prepare for this game in deference to LHCBS. Finally, its Family Weekend in Manhattan KS and nobody beats the Cats at Bill Snyder Family Stadium on Family Weekend.

Cats 51
Frogs 27

You're welcome.

matmoo123

I'm not sure the Purple Wizard really does a whole lot anymore except stand there on the sidelines and look old. Take a look at any 78-year old out there that you know (not to mention one recovering from cancer) and imagine them running a college football team, it's crazy to think about. There's no way he can be in tune with everything going on with that team like he was 10, or even 5 years ago. His assistants are pulling almost all the heavy weight, they almost have to be.

Maybe he still has some wizardly magic coursing through his veins. If so, I hope he doesn't use it this week.

Great point. Think about how Coach P talked about his bad knee impacting his ability to coach last year. Bad knee CGP had more zip than the Wizard.

rifram09

I'm thinking we get the offense going and the defense has a great performance after confusing the new QB all day.

42-10 good guys.

Waccy Frog

That’s big news. Rain should help a control-type passing game, because the receivers know when they are cutting and the DBs don’t. We should have the advantage on timing, etc.