• The KillerFrogs

to our disgruntled fans. . . .

SuperTFrog

We lost 5 home games last year. After the 4-8 year a few years back (and yes I was watching in the 90's as well), I vowed never to be that guy again who was upset because we should have played better in a win. You are welcome to beyatch and moan all you want, but the water is warm on this side and it feels real nice to jump in. I will celebrate deep into the night after every damn win!

The days of us trying to get style points in wins ruined a lot of our fan base. Winning isn't enough anymore.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

Am I the only one who didn't think we played poorly? The offense did in the first half, but outside of that I thought all units played well. Holding that offense to 24 points is a huge accomplishment for our defense (don't care about their yardage), special teams was absolute nails, and the offense made a number of huge plays in the second half. I don't consider that "playing poorly." Sure there's room for improvement, but that was a great win against a very good team.

Can't think of one aspect of that game in which we played poorly. Didn't love the play calling, wish DA got more carries, and want KH to step into his throws with more consistency..... but that's really just nitpicking. We played just fine.

Purp

Am I the only one who didn't think we played poorly? The offense did in the first half, but outside of that I thought all units played well. Holding that offense to 24 points is a huge accomplishment for our defense (don't care about their yardage), special teams was absolute nails, and the offense made a number of huge plays in the second half. I don't consider that "playing poorly." Sure there's room for improvement, but that was a great win against a very good team.
Riggs is a notorious sunshine pumper. Don't pay any attention to him. He even thought Boykin was a good QB. Certifiable loony toon.

SwissArmyFrog

WVU was stacked up vs. the run. That, and KH having a rather inaccurate first half made for some frustrating moments. But I also credit WVU's defense, I thought they played well.

BTW, look at the replay of the Turpin TD pass to KH. When the ball is snapped, the LT, LG and C (or thereabouts) instantly fall flat on the ground, allowing the WVU linemen to move more quickly towards Turpin....thereby taking them farther away from the actual direction of the play - farther away from KH and less likely to be able to lend a hand.

Brilliant!

TK2000

This group of guys on their best day can beat any team in the country, but if they don't show up could also easily lose to a team like K State. Enjoy the ride, enjoy the season.

Horny4TCU

When we don't get a first down until our fourth possession, I have the privilege to gripe. And KF.C gives me the forum to do so.

And this 1000x
Can't think of one aspect of that game in which we played poorly. Didn't love the play calling, wish DA got more carries, and want KH to step into his throws with more consistency..... but that's really just nitpicking. We played just fine.

BABYFACE

Ok, I am confused with this thread. At one time, if posters only saw the silver linings in discussing the team or a game, they were called out for being sunshine pumpers or accused of drinking the Kool-Aid. Now, if posters discuss strengths and weaknesses, they are called disgruntled and such.

So, [ What the heck? ]? I am damned if I do, and damned if I don’t.

Tom Brown

This group of guys on their best day can beat any team in the country, but if they don't show up could also easily lose to a team like K State. Enjoy the ride, enjoy the season.

I think they could lose to even KU or Baylor if they lose the turnover battle that day.