• The KillerFrogs

Love him or hate him...

Frogo

Big fan, don't see how anyone could hate him.

Man, me, too. Loved it when he made a cameo appearance in the old Friday Night Lights TV series filling up his truck at a gas stop at night when the Dillon team is on its way to the state finals. Almost an Obi Wan Kenobi moment. (IIRC)

Casey T

At halftime the hot honey Molly Mcgrath interviewed him and asked how they would respond to USC being a "2nd half team." Leach just looks at her and says "well we are too!" Then just turned around and ran off.

Cracked me up, very popovich-esque

TechAdvisor

you can't deny that what the Pirate has done up in WSU is anything but amazing.
They were the worst team in D1A, or damn close to it when he got there. Now Leach has them at 5-0 and rolling.

I wonder if Tech fans are jealous?

Leach is 34-34 at Washington State
Kingsbury is 27-27 at Texas Tech

Leach is what he is, outsiders love him because he says crazy things, he wins one high profile game per year on average but he's never really a threat to the status quo. Just a funny gimmick.

When you're on the inside, he's an egomaniac who doesn't recruit, doesn't fund raise, doesn't care about facilities upgrades, won't even change his hand signals and takes pride in beating you with 2* kids running the same play over and over again.

That's a recipe for averaging 1 big upset a year, never winning a title and occasionally losing to a FCS team.

Kingsbury has his faults as well but when Kingsbury losses to an FCS team, then I'll consider being jealous of what Washington State has.

MAcFroggy

Leach is what he is, outsiders love him because he says crazy things, he wins one high profile game per year on average but he's never really a threat to the status quo. Just a funny gimmick.

When you're on the inside, he's an egomaniac who doesn't recruit, doesn't fund raise, doesn't care about facilities upgrades, won't even change his hand signals and takes pride in beating you with 2* kids running the same play over and over again.

That's a recipe for averaging 1 big upset a year, never winning a title and occasionally losing to a FCS team.

Kingsbury has his faults as well but when Kingsbury losses to an FCS team, then I'll consider being jealous of what Washington State has.

Mike Leach took over the Wazzu program in 2012. Washington State had not gone to a bowl game since 2003(won 6 games in 2006 though). From 2004-2011, Washington State won a total of 24 games.

The coach preceding Leech was Paul Wulff. He was there from 2008 through 2011. He never won more than 4 games in a season and won a total of 8 games in 4 seasons.

Leach has done a phenomenal job rebuilding the Washington State program to respectability. He has them in a position to win their division and had the biggest win the program has had in nearly a decade. Every Washington State fan is probably more than happy with the hire.

Tech just happened to be stupid enough to listen to Craig James and ended up firing one of the best coaches they ever had.

Yes, Kingsbury is 27-27 while at Tech. That is okay. It is probably important to point out that Leach was 84-43 while at Tech.

Last edited:

crash813

good-good-let-the-hate-flow-through-you-13858771.png