• The KillerFrogs

Nov. 3, 2012 - Why I think You should have hope TCU wins in Stillwater.

W

Way of the Frog

I can't give you some schematic explanation of how TCU is going to attack some untested vulnerability of the Cowboy. Damn sure am not the guy to provide some advanced analytical that shows were TCU has the edge or has uncovered some Vegas better angle that favors the Frogs this upcoming Saturday.

For the past week all I have read, seen, and heard is how thsi Oklahoma State offense is unstoppable and for many three weeks into the season it is a foregone conclusion that whichever team wins the rematch Bedlam Game aka The Big 12 Championship Game will be heading for a slot in the College Football Playoffs.

So what has given me hope and should give you hope that the Frogs can win in Stillwater on Saturday? How about November 3, 2012?

If you recall 2012 was a bit of a rough year for the Frogs. Small problem in February, starting quarterback was ummm..."lost" for the season, and the Frogs were 2 -3 in their inaugural Big 12 season as they headed up to Morgantown, WV. Not such a big challenge. Just find a way to slow down what looked to be an unstoppable offense led by quarterback Gino Smith and receivers Stedman Bailey and Tevon Austin. No problem. Even when Austin's punt return put WVU back up by 7 points with around three minutes to go no problem.

Every time in that game it looked like the Frogs were done that team found a way to get back in the game. Yes, they caught some breaks such as Merka's fumble recovery or Boyce slipping behind the Mountaineer secondary on the 94-yard catch and run that tied the game. In those cases as well as others they weren't gifts, but instead plays made by a team that went into game with belief they could win the game. We saw some known players add to their rep and new one's such as Derrick Kindred seemingly come out of nowhere and lead the defense in tackles.

I can't tell you how or why the 2017 Frogs will be able to go into Stillwater and win, I just know that in the past, on the road when it has looked like the Frogs had no chance, they have seemed to find a way under Coach Patterson which gives me hope.

TX_Krötenechse

Certainly we can win. But sometimes when everyone picks against you and everyone talks about how unstoppable the other team is ... it's because they're really that good.

W

Way of the Frog

Certainly we can win. But sometimes when everyone picks against you and everyone talks about how unstoppable the other team is ... it's because they're really that good.

So I guess Gary and the Boys should just not bother showing up. The Cowboys are good no doubt, but maybe this TCU team is good as well. Only one way to find out that is to play the MFing game.

Yes, JV played his ass off that day, but so did the others guys on that defense.

So I guess Gary and the Boys should just not bother showing up?

Not really fair statement, should Jackson St. have bothered to show up? Sometimes you just run into a really, really good team, are out gunned and things don't turn out well. This OSU team is loaded and may have the nations best offense. Not to mention we play them on their home field which is a place we have not experienced much success. I really like our team this year but everyone outside of OU and OSU is playing for 3rd place in the Big 12.

Zubaz

WVU is a poor example. The wheels were off the train by the time we got there, they were coming off two straight blowout losses where they could only muster 14 points. The secret was out on how to stop them.

November 12th, 2011 is probably a better example.

TooColdU

WV ended up with the exact same record as us that year except they got blown out by Syracuse in their bowl game.

That was our first ever game in Morgantown against a team that had already lost 2 games.

I think WV was only favored by 4 going into the game.

W

Way of the Frog

Sorry to try to bring a bit of positivity to this board about Saturday. Please return to your over analysis, gnashing of teeth, and lists of just how bad we will get beaten in Stillwater.

i have nothing more than a feeling, but the OSU game last year is one that Patterson has mentioned multiple times over the off season and fall camp. That game last year is a big reason why CT is here and I think the emphasis placed on our offensive and defensive lines were done so with this type of game in mind.

FrogCop19

Sorry to try to bring a bit of positivity to this board about Saturday. Please return to your over analysis, gnashing of teeth, and lists of just how bad we will get beaten in Stillwater.

i have nothing more than a feeling, but the OSU game last year is one that Patterson has mentioned multiple times over the off season and fall camp. That game last year is a big reason why CT is here and I think the emphasis placed on our offensive and defensive lines were done so with this type of game in mind.

I'm all for the OP, dude! Eternal optimist when it comes to my Frogs. I was in school back in the early-mid 90's, then worked there for the next 8 years, so I was there for the lean years, but I also saw the turn around to national relevance. I will forever feel that we have the ability to win any time we set foot on the field.

Go Frogs!!

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA

Don't apologize, you're fine. I agree with your optimism. But some people require negativity to function.

Snoop1122

Another thing to keep in mind is that the Frogs always play better on the road than at home. They even mentioned it in Tuesday's presser. I trust GP will have the guys ready to ball it up. I feel like depending on how the game goes could tell us how good this team will be.