• The KillerFrogs

You can't take drinks out of ACS?

Armadillo

A friend of mine leaving the stadium Saturday had to pour his drink out (large soda in a plastic souvenir cup), according to the blue shirted security person. What is up with that? Can someone please tell me the logic in that?

Let me explain to you how to handle this appropriately:

1. You email Ross Bailey and ask him what the official policy is regarding fans exiting the stadium with a non-alcoholic drink.

2. Await his response.

Problem solved.

netty2424

Different problem than described by the OP. You're not allowed to carry any drinks into the stadium, no matter where they were purchased -- even if originally purchased inside the stadium. But there's no rule against carrying drinks out of the stadium.
Not true. You can carry in one bottle of water. At least that was the rule last year, and I did it Saturday twice with no issue.

bronco

Let me explain to you how to handle this appropriately:

1. You email Ross Bailey and ask him what the official policy is regarding fans exiting the stadium with a non-alcoholic drink.

2. Await his response.

Problem solved.
True but hoped to find an answer here from people who are willingly lowering their productivity. I am sure Mr. Bailey has bigger fish to fry but I will email him if someone on here can't answer the question.

bronco

Different problem than described by the OP. You're not allowed to carry any drinks into the stadium, no matter where they were purchased -- even if originally purchased inside the stadium. But there's no rule against carrying drinks out of the stadium.

OP says his friend was forced to dump a stadium-purchased drink he attempted to carry outside. Maybe I'm misinformed, but I think carrying a drink out of the stadium is not against the rules. Wouldn't make any sense. They afraid you're going to use a soft-drink cup to sneak alcohol out of the stadium?

TCU contracted a new event management company for home games this year. Previously it was the yellow shirts from CSC (Contemporary Services Corporation), who do a ton of concerts and college sporting events nationwide. But they also draw a lot of complaints for being too physical (they've been sued for assault 21 times since 1991) and too pricey.

I don't remember the name of the new event management company TCU is using, but they're the ones in blue shirts who have replaced the yellow shirts of years past. I'm betting that they're not at home with TCU stadium rules yet and some newbie just got overzealous in forcing a fan to dump his drink while exiting the stadium.
It seems crazy to me, but their was a supervisor standing right there and he agreed with the blue shirt.

ARFrog

OP says his friend was forced to dump a stadium-purchased drink he attempted to carry outside. Maybe I'm misinformed, but I think carrying a drink out of the stadium is not against the rules. Wouldn't make any sense. They afraid you're going to use a soft-drink cup to sneak alcohol out of the stadium?

TCU contracted a new event management company for home games this year. Previously it was the yellow shirts from CSC (Contemporary Services Corporation), who do a ton of concerts and college sporting events nationwide. But they also draw a lot of complaints for being too physical (they've been sued for assault 21 times since 1991) and too pricey.

I don't remember the name of the new event management company TCU is using, but they're the ones in blue shirts who have replaced the yellow shirts of years past. I'm betting that they're not at home with TCU stadium rules yet and some newbie just got overzealous in forcing a fan to dump his drink while exiting the stadium.

At halftime I wanted to show a first time visitor the outside of the stadium's west side. I had a bottle of water and he had a souvenir cup refilled with water. The security guard clearly said I was fine but my friend had to pour out whatever was in the souvenir cup since he couldn't tell what was inside. No explanation why he needed to know...

Armadillo

True but hoped to find an answer here from people who are willingly lowering their productivity. I am sure Mr. Bailey has bigger fish to fry but I will email him if someone on here can't answer the question.

Ok. But still not sure why you don't go straight to the source to solve your issue instead of asking an internet message board.

I guess you just have a very different way of solving your problems. If I had a problem with any aspect of the game day experience at TCU or with any of the facilities, I go direct to the source, instead of airing it on the internet.

And for the record, while I am far from an "insider", I have known Ross Bailey for 20+ years as an acquaintance. I bet he'd much prefer you contact him directly than air your grievance on the SNFFF.

Deep Purple

I've seen the policy before, but not at ACS. It was at Cowboy Stadium. It was after either the Oregon St or BYU game we played there, don't remember for sure which one, but I think it was Oregon St.. They were telling everybody leaving that they had to pour out anything they had in a bottle or cup before exiting the outside gate. I only recall it at one of the three games we've played there though.
It seems crazy to me, but their was a supervisor standing right there and he agreed with the blue shirt.
You are right and Deep is wrong----You can carry a bottle of water into the stadium that is unopened
At halftime I wanted to show a first time visitor the outside of the stadium's west side. I had a bottle of water and he had a souvenir cup refilled with water. The security guard clearly said I was fine but my friend had to pour out whatever was in the souvenir cup since he couldn't tell what was inside. No explanation why he needed to know...
You can carry a bottle of water into the stadium only if it's still sealed and hasn't been previously opened. Otherwise, no go.

I suspect the newly enforced rule about carrying drinks in cups out of the stadium has to do with the fact that alcohol is sold in certain parts of the stadium (Champion's Club, Founder's Club, Loge seating), and both Texas and most of its municipalities have laws regulating public consumption and open containers. I would have expected YA to know this and mention it.

These laws aren't so strict that they would require stadium management to require the dumping of open containers en route to the parking lots, but organizations have been known to regularly over-enforce legal restrictions before.

NewFrogFan

Might be an open container rule? I walked in with a water bottle, drank that, bought a bottle of water inside the stadium for $6 gosh darning dollars which is very Jerry Jones-esque by the way. And left with what was left of that bottle.

I know last year you could bring bottled water in, this year I walked out with bottled water. That being said, I think TCU is finding out real quick this new company has far less sharp knives in the drawer compared to even the last company!

NewFrogFan

I agree about CSC. The new company does Cowboy games, we had a major blowout with one of their "sups" and her "sup" this past game. CDC got involved, he told me they had a come to Jesus meeting after SMU game with the 52 supervisors they had there. Their knives are not near as "sharp" as CSC. I will say, if you have problems let TCU know, they want to know.........in my case they have responded to me very quickly every single time.

bronco

Ok. But still not sure why you don't go straight to the source to solve your issue instead of asking an internet message board.

I guess you just have a very different way of solving your problems. If I had a problem with any aspect of the game day experience at TCU or with any of the facilities, I go direct to the source, instead of airing it on the internet.

And for the record, while I am far from an "insider", I have known Ross Bailey for 20+ years as an acquaintance. I bet he'd much prefer you contact him directly than air your grievance on the SNFFF.
Yes, Mr. Bailey has helped with other issues that I have had in the past. This was more of a curiosity than an issue but since we have two pages and no answer I think I will email him and get the scoop.

NewFrogFan

You dont get more down to earth than RB, he will raise a BS flag in a heartbeat if something is being done in a way TCU does not approve.

NewFrogFan

Agree 110%!

atofrog

Contributor
Bronco - sorry for late reply. Been a while since I have been on the site. Please allow me to help clear up some confusion as there are several correct answers in this thread but incorrectly enforced.

Yes, fans are allowed to bring one unopened bottle of water into TCU events. Yes, fans may leave the event with a soft drink or water they purchased inside. The exception to this policy is in the suites, club or loge areas where alcohol is served. Fans may not take their drinks outside of these areas as it does violate our TABC agreement.

Yes, we have hired a new event staff company. Yes, they also work events AT&T Stadium. The few times I have been there, I recall their policy is no drinks may leave the stadium because they serve beer in all areas. So they require everyone to pour out their drinks before exiting the facility.

I believe the event staff person and the supervisor you mentioned at the gate were simply confused or did not recall our stadium policies compar d to another stadium they also work at. In their confusion, they applied the rule they are most familiar with.

I do apologize for the confusion. We are going through some learning and training steps as we transition to this new company. Thank you for your support and patience as we always want to provide the best experience possible for our fans. Hope to see you at the WVU game.

Go Frogs!

netty2424

Bronco - sorry for late reply. Been a while since I have been on the site. Please allow me to help clear up some confusion as there are several correct answers in this thread but incorrectly enforced.

Yes, fans are allowed to bring one unopened bottle of water into TCU events. Yes, fans may leave the event with a soft drink or water they purchased inside. The exception to this policy is in the suites, club or loge areas where alcohol is served. Fans may not take their drinks outside of these areas as it does violate our TABC agreement.

Yes, we have hired a new event staff company. Yes, they also work events AT&T Stadium. The few times I have been there, I recall their policy is no drinks may leave the stadium because they serve beer in all areas. So they require everyone to pour out their drinks before exiting the facility.

I believe the event staff person and the supervisor you mentioned at the gate were simply confused or did not recall our stadium policies compar d to another stadium they also work at. In their confusion, they applied the rule they are most familiar with.

I do apologize for the confusion. We are going through some learning and training steps as we transition to this new company. Thank you for your support and patience as we always want to provide the best experience possible for our fans. Hope to see you at the WVU game.

Go Frogs!
Why was the change in companies made? Cost reduction?