• The KillerFrogs

Reasons to be Optimistic against OSU?

Westsider

As someone else said earlier, having Nixon in the backfield on a few plays will spell the other backs.. and... we have to see KH keep the read option early and make it a viable play. He handed it off every time against Smu and didn't even finish the play. Maybe because he didn't have to, but half-assing it won't work Saturday.

InstaFrog

Cuz CGMFP is on the job and he's been studying the minutiae
DecisiveGrippingAfricanhornbill.gif

Frogs 38
Pokes 24

texasrobster1997

I think there's more to it than that.

Preseason rankings are dumb, but OSU was a top 10 team because of their dominate bowl game, a senior Heisman hopeful QB, and the best receiving group in the nation. The also returned all but one on the oline. They've moved up because of 1 common opponent and the fact that USC looked bad last week.

By your argument are we a top 20 team because of we beat a high school team and two questionable FBS teams? No, we were fringe top 25 preseason because of what we were returning and moved up because we're 3-0.

Pitt might suck and miss a bowl game, but so may Arkansas.
Somewhat confused by this response. You say preseason rankings are dumb, then seem to defend them. I think the point he's trying to make is that, at this point in the season, we have a better resume.

To me, this game is the reverse of the Arkansas game. I felt like before the Arkansas game the only outcome that would have surprised me is Arkansas destroying us. I feel like the only outcome in this game that would surprise me is if we destroy Oklahoma State...

Somewhat confused by this response. You say preseason rankings are dumb, then seem to defend them. I think the point he's trying to make is that, at this point in the season, we have a better resume.

To me, this game is the reverse of the Arkansas game. I felt like before the Arkansas game the only outcome that would have surprised me is Arkansas destroying us. I feel like the only outcome in this game that would surprise me is if we destroy Oklahoma State...

Our team has the us against the world mentality tons of experience speed all over the place. We are tougher bigger stronger especially at DTackle. I really think we surprise everyone and beat them bad. We are a better team wait and see. Gary is going to end this losing streak once and for all.

PO Frog

I think it's been mentioned but bears repeating - we are finally going to have a different system in place for our offensive play calls in addition to the fact that SC is now calling plays. I'm convinced they've been reading our mail since we brought in Meach. Even Boykin got shut down before JD got hurt that year. Going to find out we are a lot harder to defend when you don't know what is coming.

There is no explanation for their dominance over us yet fairly pedestrian results otherwise. They lost to the Chippewa last year for God's sake. No reason for them to dominate us like that no matter how bad we sucked last year.

I'm not buying OSU's greatness just yet.

chili24

If anything they're pretty similar with an advantage to OSU.

Massey ratings:

Pitt- 57, Tulsa- 58, South Alabama 104
Ark- 65, SMU- 76, JKST- NR

Last edited:

LSU Game Attendee

This series has another layer of importance in that OSU lives on DFW recruiting. If Patterson can ever establish a consistent handle on Gundy's program, there are multiyear strategic implications.
JbTdlZr.gif

Realtorfrog

Can't give up the deep pass, be aggressive and blitz the qb often.

Our offfense will be fine,

It will be a good one.

If our D plays well we can win!!

LovesFrogsNDogs

Frogs roll into Stilly Dilly saying "time to meet your maker". Frogs get the ball first and command a clock-chewing 8-minute drive and score at the hands of Mr. Anderson... 2nd defensive play for the frogs is a big one and we give up yard, but 2 plays later, Mason Rudolph is ROCKED into oblivion, goodbye sir, hope you are okay! FROGS WIN Ls & Gs, FROGS WIN.

MN Frog

I hope the hype is going to the Pokes heads. Every radio and tv analyst is gushing over them. Lots having them in their playoff 4 and also predicting a rematch in the Big XII champ game. I hope we knock them down a peg this week.

I posted this in the opening line thread as well, I watched the entire Pitt game last night and was underwhelmed. While the score got out of hand, it was mostly due to blown coverage or missed tackles. OSU struggled to get pressure on the QB and when Pitt benched Browne in favor of their (very average) dual threat QB, the game swung back to even. Pitt even had a drive at the end of the half where they moved the ball at will. Im feeling pretty good weve got a tight one on our hands.

MTfrog5

Everyone assumes we will try to control the clock, so I could see the coaches try and catch OSU off guard and pass the ball around the first couple drives. Then once we go up a couple scores hopefully start mixing in the run game