• The KillerFrogs

Anyone watching Andy and Bengals?

ShreveFrog

@Netty - I see lots of bad qb's in the NFL. Or so it seems. Andy is not a bad qb. Last year he lost weapons at receiver and tight end. This year he's got a rebuilt line that's no good. So Andy looks no good. We know he can play.

I'd love the Broncos to grab him. Colts may need a qb.

Wexahu

Andy is not a bad qb.

Maybe not, but he playing like one right now, and that's really all that matters. Blaming the lack of talent around him is fine, but it's a results business and noone really cares about that. There are lots of QBs out there that don't have good O-lines, great receivers, and decent running games, it's their job to battle through that and win games. Relative to the NFL average (up until this year), Andy has been surrounded by a pretty good team and he's always worked with one of the league's best WRs. He's been pretty fortunate in that regard.

He just needs to play better.

netty2424

@Netty - I see lots of bad qb's in the NFL. Or so it seems. Andy is not a bad qb. Last year he lost weapons at receiver and tight end. This year he's got a rebuilt line that's no good. So Andy looks no good. We know he can play.

I'd love the Broncos to grab him. Colts may need a qb.
Totally agree. He's not a bad QB, but he's not playing good this year which means when/if any GM's look to pick him up, he won't be replacing a 'good' QB.

Obviously we're talking in very generic good/bad terms here. His stock is low right now and his contract is high. Two very dangerous combinations. Hoping he is able to turn it around this year to some degree.

maximilian

San Fran or Jets seem like decent landing spots, though the skill positions are significantly worse there than in Cincy.

But that Cincy OL is just awful.

W

Way of the Frog

I agree with Netty than a big issue when you start looking at other landing spots will be his salary.

Far, far too early to even try to project draft positions, but Chicago and Cleveland have young quarterbacks they want to develop which means at some time they have to play. Modern NFL part of managing the salary cap means not having a great deal tied up in back-ups.

I think he just hasn't had the same accuracy throwing the ball since the thumb injury.

Pharm Frog

15 word highlight?

Paraphrasing but darn close -- If you have Andy Dalton as your QB, you know you're season is oooover. FanDuel let's you draft weekly so you don't get stuck with awful players like Andy Dalton for the whole season.

It was one of those ads when the host of the program "personalizes" the spot. Used to know the name of that type of ad.

LisaLT

Paraphrasing but darn close -- If you have Andy Dalton as your QB, you know you're season is oooover. FanDuel let's you draft weekly so you don't get stuck with awful players like Andy Dalton for the whole season.

It was one of those ads when the host of the program "personalizes" the spot. Used to know the name of that type of ad.
What a bunch of meanies. Yeah he didn't look too sharp in his first two games, but he's got 14 more to go. Hopefully he'll bounce back.