• The KillerFrogs

Our Stupid Hometown Newspaper

4 Oaks Frog

I wish I had the ability to upload the picture, because you have to see this one to believe it. In this morning's StartleGram, in Stealing Piles column regarding the woes of baylor football, there is a picture of Rhule and a baylor player walking off the field after one of this year's defeats. The picture is captioned...
"baylor head coach Matt Rhule, right, and linebacker Clay Johnson have experienced two losses so far this season." (here's the rub) "The Horned Frogs fell to Liberty and UT San Antonio."
Is ther no proof readers left at the StartleGram?...

Spit Blood~~~<~< and [Baylor asshoe]!

I was talking CFB with some co-workers. They asked what the darn is up losing to Liberty. I corrected them and said yeah we are the non-rapey one that didn't sell our soul for a couple of mid-level bowl wins. Hate hate hate that we have been so lumped in with Baylor by ESPN that people confuse us. The startlegram isn't helping.

dawg

They fixed the photo caption for online edition, apparently.

"Baylor coach Matt Rhule walks off the field following the team’s 17-10 loss to UTSA in an NCAA college football game, Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017, in Waco, Texas. The Bears are 0-2 and will play at noted football power Duke on Saturday. Jerry Larson"

Froginbedford

I wish I had the ability to upload the picture, because you have to see this one to believe it. In this morning's StartleGram, in Stealing Piles column regarding the woes of baylor football, there is a picture of Rhule and a baylor player walking off the field after one of this year's defeats. The picture is captioned...
"baylor head coach Matt Rhule, right, and linebacker Clay Johnson have experienced two losses so far this season." (here's the rub) "The Horned Frogs fell to Liberty and UT San Antonio."
Is ther no proof readers left at the StartleGram?...

Spit Blood~~~<~< and [ darn ] baylor!

Electronic journalism and filing stories from the laptop at home have resulted in no one in the slot to copyread/correct stories....There is no one there to catch the mistakes....

4 Oaks Frog

I guess I am just about as stupid, because I pay to have that rag thrown in my yard every morning. Well, that's going to end. And if Steaming Pile does that sort of thing on purpose, does he still have a TCU press pass? If so, ADCD needs to yank it!

Spit Blood~~<~< and [Baylor asshoe]!

Frog-in-law1995

LRDr8Td.jpg

Brog

Well, here's a word on behalf of the sportswriter in question. I emailed him yesterday asking why the ST had NO coverage of either the Baylor or the Oklahoma game in Sunday's paper. I knew it might be a bit late--they ended soon after ten o'clock. But WHY was there no story about either game in MONDAY"S paper, a day and a half later. The Oklahoma game, at least, deserved attention, and surely there are enough Baptists in FtWorth to get Baylor a bit of coverage. The writer in question was nice enough to reply to my query, and here is the interesting email he sent me:

This is a multi-pronged explanation - local papers are beginning to feel that they should cover what they can cover. Local, local, local.
For instance, I don't think readers in FW want to read about Oklahoma's win over Ohio State. Now, on this, I don't agree line by line. This was a MAJOR Big 12 win. I am but one man, but what you are seeing with the Star-Telegram, and a lot of other newspapers, is a slow reinvention of what papers do, and specifically what they cover.

So, all the blame doesn't fall on one or two people. Right?

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Well, I'm not sure I don't agree with Mosely. #Remember05

When it comes to journalism, speed-to-press and accuracy are opposing forces.