• The KillerFrogs

The jersey number changes???

tcufrogger

What was going on with all jersey number changes on special teams??

I started to think there was some merging special about #43 and everyone was taking turns wearing it?

Volare

With the terrible audio cutting out at the stadium, plus the numbers being announced over the music, I have no idea what was going on there.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
If you look in the program, we have got two guys with the same number all over the place, so they put a jersey over the guy who wears whatever number that is already in, say he is he now "#43" and take it from there, so that we don't have two guys with the same number on the field, a la, whatever game that was.

TX_Krötenechse

Sounds like Texada and Dylan Thomas are both on the kickoff squad, so one of them (presumably Thomas) kept changing jerseys. We started doing it on punt returns, too, though, and I don't know who it was there.

tcufrogger

Well then - that explains the #43. I guess that is the Universal ‘safe’ Number. I thought it might have been done to honor someone who had worn #43. I did notice one of the wide receivers were wearing #14 tonight.

TX_Krötenechse

Speaking of change, why was Turpin not returning all punts? Why was DWhite splitting time?
I'm pretty sure Turpin was sitting for discipline at the start of the game, but he didn't sit a whole half so idk. Might be as simple as wanting to keep Dez fresh in case we need him.

netty2424

I'm pretty sure Turpin was sitting for discipline at the start of the game, but he didn't sit a whole half so idk. Might be as simple as wanting to keep Dez fresh in case we need him.
I believe I heard it was a violation of team rules and that's why he was held out of the first series or two. Don't quote me on that though.
Well that's what I heard to, but as mentioned he didn't sit the entire half. And that didn't stop after Turp came in, he didn't handle every punt return from that point on. DW came in a few more times if memory serves me. Not a big deal, just curious. Turp was lights out as usual. Love that kid.