• The KillerFrogs

Hurricane

Chongo94

Yea if I am looking at that picture correctly that water level is right on 610 northbound where it meets I-10. Incredible.

How tall is that?...or rather, how many feet of water rise would that be close to for those of us not familiar with the area?

BABYFACE

Addicks and Bear Creel flood contro dams are at record levels and taking in more than they can relese. Houston get about 50" of rain in a year. Expecting that much In a few days. This may may make New Orleans look like a pond after their disaster. With a city probably 5 times as large.

Man, I hope not.

My brother is HPD, lives north of Houston in Spring and he's unable to get to headquarters this morning. He said all roads in are flooded or are about to be. Most officers are on the radios either trying to save other stranded officers or trying to find roads that are actually open/not flooded. Dangerous stuff down there.
My daughter lives in Spring. So far she is ok but it's getting worse.

MTfrog5

Buddy that lives down in The Woodlands and from Conroe said they released the lake dam that's runs straight to the river the runs through Conroe. Doesn't look good anytime soon

Ron Swanson

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Insane amount of rainfall, easily dwarfing what Allison dumped on us some years ago. Have about 2" until water is in The Barn. Ugh...

SnoSki

Buddy that lives down in The Woodlands and from Conroe said they released the lake dam that's runs straight to the river the runs through Conroe. Doesn't look good anytime soon
My mom lives on the lake and said the same. It sucks for everyone downstream but having the dam break would be a lot more catastrophic. Not really a win either way you go.

Ron Swanson

Just got this text from my mom...

"The army corps of engineers has decided to do a controlled release of water from the two huge reservoirs on the west of town, starting tonight. It will flood several thousand houses around them and will add flooding to Buffalo Bayou and downtown. They are worried that the reservoirs can't hold otherwise. I went to a lecture recently by the head of the corps stationed here. He said that if these reservoirs broke it would be by far the worst disaster ever in the US, literally resulting in tens of thousands of deaths. So I accept his decision but it will add to our current flooding."

Purp

Just got this text from my mom...

"The army corps of engineers has decided to do a controlled release of water from the two huge reservoirs on the west of town, starting tonight. It will flood several thousand houses around them and will add flooding to Buffalo Bayou and downtown. They are worried that the reservoirs can't hold otherwise. I went to a lecture recently by the head of the corps stationed here. He said that if these reservoirs broke it would be by far the worst disaster ever in the US, literally resulting in tens of thousands of deaths. So I accept his decision but it will add to our current flooding."
Damn. Just... damn.