• The KillerFrogs

Breaking News!

Double D

Tier 1
K-State fans, you will get a Kansas product to lead your program. Congrats!

Word is FRAN is already in talks with K-State.

macaroni

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Judging from the KSU fans around here, they deserve each other...

SnoSki

How could she be any worse than Prince?
TheNanny_S2.jpg

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(back_in_black @ Nov 5 2008, 04:13 PM) [snapback]244249[/snapback]
I actually think Fran would be a good fit.

He's actually a very good coach. I bet K-State is all over it. Hope they get him.

Bookie Pimp

QUOTE(Double D @ Nov 5 2008, 04:24 PM) [snapback]244099[/snapback]
K-State fans, you will get a Kansas product to lead your program. Congrats!

Word is FRAN is already in talks with K-State.

Link please.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(jperkinsair @ Nov 5 2008, 03:53 PM) [snapback]244196[/snapback]
Fran or Brent Venables

Austin American Statesman

Wow. I bet Venables really energizes Catfans! He is terrible. I bet Stoops made the call on his behalf to get him the hell away from the program and stick it to KSU for the upset last year. :blink:

ZeeFrog

here's what real ksu fans are saying about DF......

KCcat
I'd say he's a pretty easy nut to crack. He's great at a low profile program where his low-key demeanor and downhome style are assets and not liabilities. Pitt State, New Mexico, TCU. Alabama, he was only there two years, not really enough to be conclusive. But I would argue that at 'bama or at A&M, to compete with the big boys of the SEC West or Big XII South, you have to be a face guy, a chamber of commerce guy. He was just never able to get over the hump and surpass OU or Texas in the South. Stoops and Brown consistently outrecruited him. At A&M, you need a guy who is a passionate maroon Aggie nutjob to really push them to the next level.

At KSU, Fran might fit well.

Oka-cat
Gary Patterson would be an outstanding hire.

Haha, can you even imagine the look on his face when he arrives on campus though, and sees what Prince left for him?

He's going to need an ironclad agreement that he won't be fired after three years, because the 2010 and 2011 teams have a chance to be epic in their suckitude.

edmksu
Rusty, does KSU have enough $$$ to steal a current coach? Seems like good coaches even in non-bcs leagues are making bank now. I'm loving what Todd Graham is doing at TU and he's making 1.1.

Bookie
Well, he took a team that was coming off a 3-8 year at Bama, and posted 7-5 and 10-3 records consecutively. That's pretty good.

I think the guy is a good coach, just that A&M, for whatever reason, was a really bad fit.

~~~~~~
*DF4KSU.com

Bookie Pimp

QUOTE(ZeeFrog @ Nov 5 2008, 06:07 PM) [snapback]244367[/snapback]
here's what real ksu fans are saying about DF......

Bookie
Well, he took a team that was coming off a 3-8 year at Bama, and posted 7-5 and 10-3 records consecutively. That's pretty good.

I think the guy is a good coach, just that A&M, for whatever reason, was a really bad fit.

I posted NOTHING of the sort...

screetch

Bookie
What are you doing for recess?

edmksu
I don't know. Do you want to spin the merry-go-round and see who gets dizzy and throws up first?

Bookie
Yeah! Do you want to spend the night at my house tomorrow?

edmksu
I'll have to ask my mom, but sure.

Bookie
I'll have to ask my mom too, it'll be ok. We can play Playstation and eat pizza and watch movies and stuff. It's going to be awesome!

edmksu
I'm glad we're best friends Bookie.

Bookie
Me too edmksu.

WIN

QUOTE(back_in_black @ Nov 5 2008, 05:13 PM) [snapback]244249[/snapback]

I agree. Think the problem at a&m was the atmosphere, you know those alums
and all.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(WIN @ Nov 5 2008, 06:59 PM) [snapback]244426[/snapback]
I agree. Think the problem at a&m was the atmosphere, you know those alums
and all.
That was karma coming back and biting him in the arse.

LionsBearsFrogs

I called it.

QUOTE(LionsBearsFrogs @ Oct 25 2008, 03:22 PM) [snapback]235278[/snapback]
This has been amusing for me to sit back and watch, but I think it is time to cast a vote.

I grew up a KSU fan. My Dad was a KSU fan. KSU was my favorite IA team until I started rooting for TCU a few years ago. I can understand why a coach would want to return home. I can understand the desire to be the next Bill Snyder. Why be one of 10 D1 programs in the state when you can by one of two? KSU has so many advantages. I think they should be able to attract a TCU coach to their campus.

I present the next head coach at Kansas State University.

Fran remains extremely popular in southeast Kansas. I wouldn't be surprised if he is still recognized and respected throughout the state. I posted it as a joke earlier, but I think he would be a great fit.

Chongo94

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Nov 5 2008, 10:16 PM) [snapback]244262[/snapback]
He's actually a very good coach. I bet K-State is all over it. Hope they get him.

Maybe...but he's had some monumental brain lapses at times with some horrific playcalling...particularly in games against Tech.

PurplePup

QUOTE(back_in_black @ Nov 5 2008, 04:13 PM) [snapback]244249[/snapback]

Actually from what I have heard, he is near or at the top of the short list.