• The KillerFrogs

OT - Frog fan struggle with cancer

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
That particular type of cancer is nasty. A guy I worked with developed it and went in for surgery. They decided that it was inoperable and backed out of his brain.

He's has beaten the odds and is still around but he is severely limited in what he can do

ShinerFrog

Tailgating Command Unit
No cancer is good, brain cancer is among the worst. My daughter runs a research lab at MD Anderson working on something very similar to this.

I wish him all the luck as he fights this.

Leap Frog

When all else fails, there are guinea pig programs for various cancers. I have a good friend who has survived many years on such a program for lung cancer. Hope this gentleman is as fortunate as my friend-- God speed and my best wishes also.

Opintel

Moderators
Best of fortune, and God give the Doctors all the skill they need to beat this. My prayers are with you, Dennis (and Candy). My wife and I made those same football trips, odds are good we saw ya'll somewhere.

DixieFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
If I ever get cancer, I am going on a Ketogenic Diet and moving to Colorado to smoke pot and take CBD oil.

And why do you need cancer to move to Colorado to ingest herb and CBD oils? I have chronic orthopedic issues and the CBD compounds are the real deal for chronic pain management. It's a crime that parts of our country continue to prohibit access to medical CBD.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Prayers to them.

Just heard this evening John McCain has been diagnosed with Brain cancer, sad stuff

So it turns out that McClain's cancer is the same aggressive form that the OP article is about--glioblastoma. One of the most aggressive and lethal forms. Prayers for both '69 Frog Dennis Kothmann and for John McCain, and both of their families.