• The KillerFrogs

Carp starting to heat up...

Punter1

4 for 5 tonight...average up to .253 now after being in the. 230s most of the 1st half. Still has an excellent OBP of. 386 and once they put him back in the leadoff spot he really got his swing back.

Bringing Dexter Fowler in and moving Carp down out of the leadoff spot did not work well at all. Glad they didn't force it and moved him back.

Leap Frog

I agree with Punter 1's post, and yes, Huffman is back in Memphis (even though he hit .300 in a small sample).

For whatever reason, Carp has his swing back. He has 65 walks and is over .400 obp when leading off.

Cards and Cubs this week-end-- great theater when they get together.

AroundWorldFrog

Thought it was a fishing thread. nm

200.webp

The Colonel

Cards and Cubs this week-end-- great theater when they get together.

I went to the Cards vs. Cubs game with my dad the day Darryl Kile passed away. The game never happened...we were sitting in our seats at Wrigley, packed ballpark, and no activity 10 mins after first pitch was supposed to happen. Then Joe Girardi came out to make the announcement and the crowd was dismissed.

Really strange day...Remember going to a bar in Wrigleyville to watch Texas in the CWS.

Last edited:

Purp

I went to the Cards vs. Cubs game with my dad the day Darryl Kile passed away. The game never happened...we were sitting in our seats at Wrigley, packed ballpark, and no activity 10 mins after first pitch was supposed to happen. Then Joe Girardi came out to make the announcement and the crowd was dismissed.

Really strange day...Remember going to a bar in Wrigleyville to watch Texas in the CWS.
I had 2 little league buddies on that Texas roster in Omaha. One was a pretty good friend through high school. I remember watching those games.