• The KillerFrogs

2017 College World Series Thread

Sticky_Wicket

Purple Baylor Alum

giphy.gif

LisaLT

Howard throws another gem today and Wymer closed the door. Now if we can get a wee bit more offense going I'll feel better about our chances to win more games. I guess Traver is the next pitcher up for Thursday? I have a feeling we will see Florida again....

jake102

As far as who we want next, I think we want Florida. If Louisville wins, we will be facing UF's third or fourth starter with some of their bullpen exhausted. If Florida wins and we beat L'Ville, good chance we could face Faedo (sp?) again. Do not want.

I was thinking the same thing. Have to think about who you want to play in game 2 of winner's bracket. Faedo or McKay. Both are amazing but we've already tried our hand at Faedo and it can't go any worse than that.

SnoSki

Interesting A&M stat courtesy of Shaggy:

Six appearances and four trips without a win. Incredibly that means they've had six appearances and have never been one of the last 4 teams standing.

This means that Texas A&M remains one of only 3 schools in the Power 5 conferences that has never

Finished in the Top 4 in football (pre-playoff) or made the College Football Playoff
OR
Made the Final Four in basketball
OR
Made the College World Series semifinals

The 3 Power 5 schools that have never had any of their Big 3 Men's Sports teams finish as one of the top or last 4 teams nationally are:

Northwestern
Texas A&M
Texas Tech

EDIT: apparently this is from 1940-on

Last edited:

f_399

Back to reality... how is the confidence meter moving forward?

A&M was probably the least deserving to get into the CWS and maybe the worst of the 8.

SnoSki

Back to reality... how is the confidence meter moving forward?

A&M was probably the least deserving to get into the CWS and maybe the worst of the 8.

I feel right in the middle. Mentally feels like the next game will be a coinflip. I felt much more confident about getting the W vs aggy