• The KillerFrogs

Brian Howard Needs A Confidence Boost To Help That Wallflower Personality

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
The ESPN announcers were in awe as Howard took over the broadcast between innings. Loved the, "If we score two or three here, you are not getting this mic ack!

Got to commend his focus by not blurting out an expletive on the inning ending double play...(something missing on this site lately).

StigFrog

Got the half inning long talk after his interview after the game before. Called Skoug "disgusting" among other comments. I would pay for a baseball banquet ticket if Howard was hosting. I've heard him talk before but this weekend's ESPN spotlight was great.

Sand Frog

I like how he said Traver loved his beard way too much and yelling back mid sentence during the interview on a pick to 1st.

He was great. Super representative for our program/school.

He had some good ones:
When asked if the rest of the dugout could hear him " nobody on this team cares what I say" ... or something to that effect

Also liked in the senior day piece how he said he was glad to never face Luken again.

Pharm Frog

"I'm always locked in."

Also liked the self-critique of being late on the "back" call on the attempted pick-off play. Kinda felt like there was something unfortunately appropriate about that given our habit of getting picked at inopportune times.

EDIT - Wow....[ go darn yourself ] just beat me to it. Well done

Purpletoad

Gotta love Howard. Not same interview but pre-season they asked him what he thought about Luken playing 1st base. He answered that it would be great if there were a bench clearing brawl because he would already be there; otherwise, he'd have to come across the field from the dugout.

Pharm Frog

Why is our home dugout on the third base side?

It's simply a preference. And, it would be my mild preference as long as there's no direct sun issue. I would want to be in as close contact as possible with my third base coach (and I would want my base runners who stupidly make the first or third out at third base to be able to duck into the dugout as quickly as possible - half-joking). MLB has more home dugouts on the first base side but its not an overwhelming ratio 3:2. I expect that Moose is likely correct in the case of Lupton. There was seemingly more available space on the third base side to expand facilities than on the first base side.