• The KillerFrogs

BASEBALL: #2 TCU at WVU - Sunday Game Thread

BABYFACE

This one is on Schloss and his staff. Schloss absolutely refuses to sac bunt to his own detriment at times. Terrible base running.Total team melt down today from the top down.

BM runs the O and does not like bunting. Somebody correct me if I am wrong on this.

Armadillo

Look, I'm not a fan of small ball. However, in baseball, there's a time and place for all scenarios. There are a few occasions where I think we should have bunted and we didn't. But I'm not the coach and I defer to CJS when that right time is.

(Totally off topic, but living in Austin I remember the last few successful years of the Augie Garrido era, just as TCU was starting its ascent to the top programming Texas. Augie started playing small ball with every at bat as soon as there was a base runner. He'd bunt his 3-4-5 hitters if he could. I know Augie has always played small ball, but he took it to another (albeit pathetic) level his last few years. And his teams suffered. His team could always score 1 run, they rarely every the BIG inning)

Tumbleweed

Difficult to say what is going on but you can put this series on All the coach's and the Kids. For the last couple of weeks, these kids act like the gas can is empty.

Presently, I cannot picture this team in Omaha

boonecountyman

I was out of town Friday taking in some racing at Keeneland and betting a few horses so had to follow the game by phone.Got home Sat eve. in time to see WVU meltdown in the late innings.Watched today's game on local TV.Here is what I surmise from reading all 3 game threads by your fans.
1.Your fans hate our uniforms.
Me:Your fans are traditionalists and don't like change.Sorry but it is what it is.
2.You were expecting a series win or possible a sweep.
Me:As a fan I can understand your expectations but other teams have expectations also.
3. Your fans think our CF is a "hotdog".Your thinking is confirmed when off-air comments by the announcing team seem to confirm this.
Me:I don't mind his action as long as he doesn't try to show up any particular player.If that's the way he plays I'm ok with it.
4.You get the best FREE video around and complain about the announcers being "homers"
Me:Sunday game had short interruption but what did you expect from the other teams announcers?All I can say is "Enjoy Frogvision"
5.Your fan base has extremely high expectations for your team thus creating a mini meltdown today.
Me.Your team is extremely talented and I understand some of your expectations but other teams play this game of baseball.This series could have been a sweep by either team.WVU had some sure fire opportunities to score today but it didn't work out.Was it the cleanest series played?Hell no,not by either team.
Time to move on to the next series.We have TTU,OU TU and KSU.Lot's of baseball to be played and the B12 can send several teams to Regionals.Good luck to everyone.I love B12 baseball.
I might add to bad mouth DF after he went 18-18 in save chance before today is a bit much.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

I was out of town Friday taking in some racing at Keeneland and betting a few horses so had to follow the game by phone.Got home Sat eve. in time to see WVU meltdown in the late innings.Watched today's game on local TV.Here is what I surmise from reading all 3 game threads by your fans.
Me:Your fans are traditionalists and don't like change.Sorry but it is what it is.
Me:As a fan I can understand your expectations but other teams have expectations also.
3. Your fans think our CF is a "hotdog".Your thinking is confirmed when off-air comments by the announcing team seem to confirm this.
Me:I don't mind his action as long as he doesn't try to show up any particular player.If that's the way he plays I'm ok with it.
4.You get the best FREE video around and complain about the announcers being "homers"
Me:Sunday game had short interruption but what did you expect from the other teams announcers?All I can say is "Enjoy Frogvision"
5.Your fan base has extremely high expectations for your team thus creating a mini meltdown today.
Me.Your team is extremely talented and I understand some of your expectations but other teams play this game of baseball.This series could have been a sweep by either team.WVU had some sure fire opportunities to score today but it didn't work out.Was it the cleanest series played?Hell no,not by either team.
Time to move on to the next series.We have TTU,OU TU and KSU.Lot's of baseball to be played and the B12 can send several teams to Regionals.Good luck to everyone.I love B12 baseball.
I might add to bad mouth DF after he went 18-18 in save chance before today is a bit much.

1. All fans hate your uniforms. Even one of your own coaches hates your uniforms. It has nothing to do with being a traditionalist or not. It has to do with having eyesight and merely an ounce of good taste.
2. Can't speak on behalf of all Frog fans but I was expecting exactly the 2-1 series win for the Eers. Admittedly I thought we'd have to salvage the Sunday game to get there and I did allow myself to hope that we would go 2-1 after that debacle on Saturday night.
3. Your CF is a hot dog. You can be okay with it all you want to be but that's not baseball and he will pay for it. Actually, I think your three-hole hitter may pay for it in the not too distant future. As for me, I try not to allow a single player to sour me on a team but he's just about there. I'm finding it a bit hard to believe that RM is okay with that but he must be to permit it to continue. Some people may claim that "You'd love him if he was on your team." I will clear that up. Nope.
4. No complaints about your free streaming. Your announcers run hot and cold but most do. Didn't listen to them today at all because I synched up the Frog radio call but they were good the first two days. I think there were many comments on here as to that.
5. I get that you think that based on reading three games threads and our fan base does have high expectations and justifiably so. But the vast majority of us that follow the team know that we've not been playing really good baseball this season...and certainly not anywhere close to what is expected of a relatively mature baseball squad with the history they've had. This has not reflected in the record yet but if some things don't change, it soon will. Virtually inevitable.

Didn't read a lot of badmouthing of DF. Much more so the decision to leave him out there when it was clear that he wasn't capable of throwing three strikes to any single batter. Some of us didn't want him to take the mound in the first place.

MadFrog

We need to fix our starting pitching. All 3 were bad this weekend. Plus, I sure hope the bad base running we saw all of last year is not back. I have never seen 2 men picked off base in the same inning before.

frognutz

Thanks for the video.

WVU uniforms do suck. Nobody is going hunting in the Smurf occupied region of Afghanistan after the game.

Your announcers were generally praised here until they turned homer today in a tight game and made one of the dumbest comments ever uttered in college baseball.

Congratulation on the series win, but don't confuse the criticism of our team for playing a lackluster flat series with any sort of degredation of the WVU team. We'll meltdown fine by ourselves without regard to whatever opponent there may be.

CountryFrog

I

I hope you are right but we have not really shown the ability to play complete games consistently against good teams. This weekend was poor all the way around. This team did not come in to play. WV lost the game yesterday more than we won, and then turn around and gave them one today. Starting pitching was bad this weekend. Howard is not stepping up being a senior and Lodolo is no Purke the way Schloss described him before the season. 13 hits today and 4 runs??? 3 men picked off the basepaths with2 of them in the same inning. Feldman just loses it and Schloss was just over coaching. Wymer was in complete control. No bunting at all with 9th place batter where PH strikes out on 3 pitches. Preseason AA 3B has been major disappointment.

Talk about record all you want, but eye test says we are not playing well and really have not played to our potential all year. Start your name calling. In 2014 we all bitched about Florida State football who was undefeated but did not look that way. We botched about them getting into the playoffs. That's where we are right now. We do not look as good as we did last year in any area. May need to take our purple shades off
Comparing us to FSU in 14 is no comparison at all since 64 teams get in the baseball tournament and only 4 in football.

Saying that we're not playing as well as last year is a little forgetful too. There were a lot of people on here before regionals who thought it would be a huge success just to make it into the supers and almost no one thought we had a chance at a deep run in Omaha.

I'm not predicting a long line of success this season. I'm simply pointing out that we've won a LOT of games. We're not playing well now, but if we get back to Omaha them no one will care. And if we don't get back to Omaha then no one would've taken solace in a dominant sweep in Morgantown on Easter weekend.

This is baseball, not football. Playing well every single week is not required. Getting super worked up about losing a single series on the road against a good team, regardless of the circumstances around the losses, seems really silly at this point in the season. Particularly when we just won 13 straight games before this and 11 straight before Friday against this team. Sooner or later the math was going to catch up to us a little.

frognutz

I was off the grid most of the weekend so just mostly saw score updates. What did their CF do?
8wOnjdX.gif

AroundWorldFrog

EAD, Meant in a nice way.

HornedFrog4Life

Comparing us to FSU in 14 is no comparison at all since 64 teams get in the baseball tournament and only 4 in football.

Saying that we're not playing as well as last year is a little forgetful too. There were a lot of people on here before regionals who thought it would be a huge success just to make it into the supers and almost no one thought we had a chance at a deep run in Omaha.

I'm not predicting a long line of success this season. I'm simply pointing out that we've won a LOT of games. We're not playing well now, but if we get back to Omaha them no one will care. And if we don't get back to Omaha then no one would've taken solace in a dominant sweep in Morgantown on Easter weekend.

This is baseball, not football. Playing well every single week is not required. Getting super worked up about losing a single series on the road against a good team, regardless of the circumstances around the losses, seems really silly at this point in the season. Particularly when we just won 13 straight games before this and 11 straight before Friday against this team. Sooner or later the math was going to catch up to us a little.

I agree with you on the number of teams being different. My comparison was simply relating to an eye test of the team. There are two factions on this board. One that chalks it up to long season and a bad week. I agree on that. The other faction is that the team did not play well this weekend and quite frankly despite their record (considering their schedule to date) really had not played to their capabilities for most of the year. I agree with that as well. The factions are mutually exclusive. They will get into the tournament but I think most people on this board do not talk about getting to the tourney, that is a given. They think CWS. Fair or unfair, the expectations is there by the team and the fans based on what they performed a year ago and had coming back. Bottom line they do not look like a CWS team right now to me. I am not basing on this weekend only but what I have watched all season. However you are right there is a lot of games still to be played and I will cheer them along the way. I just hope we don't see much more of what we saw this weekend, or the team expectations will not be met. They need to start getting their game going now. Hope this 13 game streak was not our peak.