• The KillerFrogs

TCU Tennis

Jared7

I'm not sure what happened to the tennis thread, but the Frogs just beat the #8 Aggies, who had won 13 in a row, 4-3 at the tennis center. The Frogs won the doubles point, Cam Norrie and Jerry Lopez won their singles matches and then Alex Rybakov closed it out in thrilling fashion in front of tons of fans. It's probably the biggest win of the year! Top 16 here we come!

Jared7

What's the chance this team gets healthy enough to make a serious run by the end of the season?

I don't know - Trevor Johnson may be back, but he'll be rusty. But we're making our run right now - we've won 6 in a row, including wins over Cal, Stanford, Illinois and now A&M. We weren't even in the Top 50 4 weeks ago and now we're 19th and almost certainly headed upwards. Rybakov has won 12 in a row; Norrie is #3 in singles and the whole team has been providing clutch wins. Tonight's W over the Ags is SO sweet - we're now 38-19 all-time against the villains and we just keep beating them (even if we shouldn't). The Big 12 has 5 teams ranked in the Top 20 and the conference chase will be anyone's game.

Pharm Frog

I'm terrible at linking, but the racket smash and subsequent racket kick by A&M's AJ Catanzariti after Rybo's match clinching point is just epic and is going viral on twitter. It's truly a classic - the Aggies just HATE losing to TCU.

Didn't one of them smash a racket after being closed out by Vandy last season too? I recall video of that and a court rush by Vandy.

mcdaddy

sweet #aggietears. I was out there for a little while and it was a great atmosphere. If you haven't been, go.

#supdeep_purple

SnoSki

I'm terrible at linking, but the racket smash and subsequent racket kick by A&M's AJ Catanzariti after Rybo's match clinching point is just epic and is going viral on twitter. It's truly a classic - the Aggies just HATE losing to TCU.

Beating the Aggies is always a great time. I would be thrilled if we beat them in competitive Jenga.

Jared7

This week's ITA team rankings were just released and the Frogs are now 16th (four weeks ago we weren't even in the top 50). And, last night's thrilling W over the Ags was not included because the ITA doesn't include "late" Monday results until the following week. 16th is obviously key because the Top 16 host regionals in the NCAA's. Here are the new rankings:

1. Wake Forest (only loss to Ohio State)
2. Ohio State (Texas upset them 2 weeks ago)
3. Virginia (2-time defending champs)
4. Baylor (super hot after winning the Indian Wells tourney)
5. USC
6. Texas
7. A&M (reflects their 13-match win streak but not the loss to TCU)
8. Oklahoma State (our next match in Stillwater on Friday)
9. Cal
10. UCLA
13. Oklahoma (after the Cowboys in Norman)
16. TCU
19. Northwestern
22. Stanford
25. Columbia
26. USF
28. Illinois
38. SMU
39. UCF
40. Utah State
41. Tech (back in the rankings

As a reminder, our losses were to Wake Forest, Northwestern, Columbia and Utah State; our ranked wins were over A&M, Cal, Stanford, Illinois, SMU and UCF. The TCU women are 33rd.

Pharm Frog

Hopefully the weather forecast is accurate because there's inclement weather predicted on both sides of that Friday match in Stillwater.

jake102

That Utah State loss is killer... but we are obviously on the right track. Imagine we are closer to #14 after beating Aggy.

If we can get Johnson back we will be looking well. Even without him if we can get a solid contribution from Daniel at #6 singles and Blake playing doubles, we will be a tough out.