• The KillerFrogs

Andy Dalton: Step it up baby!

riffram2011

In order of TCU to keep this game close, Andy Dalton needs to be perfect, or very close to it. He was certainly not in the SMU game, even though the stats may indicate otherwise.

I remember in those two drives that resulted in FG's in the SMU, Andy had many dumb mistakes. He didn't see Shea Reagan down the seam and instead threw a jump ball to a receiver.

He overthrew an easy wide open 2 yard TD pass. You can get away with that against SMU. Not OU.

Andy must make crisp and accurate throws, and when he gets his chances, he MUST capitalize.

This team has the potential to hang with OU, maybe (highly unlikely IMO) eek out a win. But we must see a new gear in Andy. Let's hope he's up to the task

57Frog

I do surely believe Andy and the rest of the team will pick it up . The level of intensity and effort will improve just as the competetion will .

QUOTE(riffram2011 @ Sep 23 2008, 02:38 PM) [snapback]213099[/snapback]
In order of TCU to keep this game close, Andy Dalton needs to be perfect, or very close to it. He was certainly not in the SMU game, even though the stats may indicate otherwise.

I remember in those two drives that resulted in FG's in the SMU, Andy had many dumb mistakes. He didn't see Shea Reagan down the seam and instead threw a jump ball to a receiver.

He overthrew an easy wide open 2 yard TD pass. You can get away with that against SMU. Not OU.

Andy must make crisp and accurate throws, and when he gets his chances, he MUST capitalize.

This team has the potential to hang with OU, maybe (highly unlikely IMO) eek out a win. But we must see a new gear in Andy. Let's hope he's up to the task

The wide open receivers dropping AD's perfectly thrown balls didn't help either.

HFrog1999

I watched Dalton in Katy's loss to Southlake. He didn't give up then and he won't give up now. He's a player, he doesn't get rattled and he gets better every week.