• The KillerFrogs

Recent content by Uncle_Frog

1. Uncle_Frog

Brian Estridge's B12 expansion candidates

USF has to get their own stadium before consideration IMO. They play at the Tampa Bay Bucs stadium and bring like 10k people per game. It's like SMU level support at their games...
  2. Uncle_Frog

We have better coaches, better athletes...

If I had no idea what position group JA coaches this year and you told me to guess I would automatically say O Line. Without fail, his position group always under performs and then when he moves to a new spot, his previous position group automatically improves the following season. Doesn’t take...
  3. Uncle_Frog

If you could choose a new offensive scheme...

Chip Kelly, Art Briless, OU with Riley, Bama with Kiffin as OC. Many of the best offenses in recent memory are up tempo spreads with a heavy doses of run. We essentially ran this in 2014 and 2015 but GP slowed it down to protect his defensive stats. I’m not sure this offense works when burning...
  4. Uncle_Frog

Meacham

Fake news. We ran for more yards per game from 2014-2016 than 2017-2019. Where is this notion that Meacham doesn’t like to run? His offense was more effective running than Cumbie’s.
  5. Uncle_Frog

Are we going to a bowl game?

I thought about that and I don't think the Cumbie and Co. are completely devoid of coaching talent. The guy clearly knows how to coach QBs (Boykin, Hill, and now Duggan all showed tremendous improvement). But in 2017 we were only 5th in conference on offense. We had a veteran O-Line with some...
  6. Uncle_Frog

Are we going to a bowl game?

I'll bite. Obviously I want the kids to get a bowl game and great point by FFF about it being the best Christmas for some of the players. Sometimes sports are more than just the game on the field. In terms of the overall program, it might be more beneficial in the long run to not make one (hear...
  7. Uncle_Frog

274 Sports: TCU's Gary Patterson says team "has to score one more point"

Please explain further. I though “win by 1” meant “win by 1” but maybe I’m wrong.
  8. Uncle_Frog

Need to develop an analytics department

Confirmed boob guy. Nice.
  9. Uncle_Frog

Poll - Mac or no more Mac?

Why do we promote Muck’s articles but not Gil’s? If we are going to post “hot takes” by a writer with a clear agenda, why not post the good stuff too? To my knowledge, Gil has to come here and post himself which seems weird since many posters are talking about how Top compiles all TCU info...
  10. Uncle_Frog

FWST: Alex Delton on departure: ‘I have nothing but great things to say about TCU football’

“I have nothing but great things to say about TCU Football... but I just don’t feel the need to finish the season as a captain because I was demoted for a better QB. The week my team actually needed me, I abandoned them because my feelings were hurt.”
  11. Uncle_Frog

We are lucky to have Gary Patterson

Very much agree. Some people act like this is North Korea and you can't criticize any facet of the regime's management. Love GP and he's a great coach but he needs to make some changes to his staff and adapt his methods a bit.
  12. Uncle_Frog

Big XII Championship path for TCU...

Winning out should do it. It will be a round robin of losses in the Big XII over the final month. I imagine we would make it being 7-2 in conference play with a lot of head-to-head tie breakers. An optimistic 5% chance of winning out?
  13. Uncle_Frog

Gary Patterson

I love Gary and what he’s done for TCU and if he can’t get it turned around in the next two years he will hang it up voluntarily. He won’t have to be asked to step down. Gary has built TCU into an incredible job. We have a $260+ Million stadium debt free, world class facilities, an incredible...
  14. Uncle_Frog

Globe Gazette: Iowa State has 'all-in' running game mentality

Someone send this to Blacklock and Bethley, please.
  15. Uncle_Frog

Looking ahead to next week and at Iowa State

I’d like to see us not pull our true freshman stud QB after scoring TDs on three straight possessions and mess up his rhythm and the offense’s momentum. Let’s not give valuable reps to the 5th year senior transfer when the freshman is playing great and the future of our team. Max Duggan: 8 Pass...