• The KillerFrogs

Recent content by This Ain't Chopped Liver

1. This Ain't Chopped Liver

247 Sports: TCU star DT Damonic Williams intends to enter transfer portal

His name had already been removed from the roster when I checked last evening. I wonder if that suggests the staff is irritated.
  2. This Ain't Chopped Liver

FWST: TCU basketball notebook: Mostafa enters the portal, one transfer decommmits

‘The more pressing matter continues to be the backcourt, but TCU is hoping to seal the deal on two transfers. Green Bay transfer Noah Reynolds recently wrapped up an on-campus visit and TCU likes where it stands with Reynolds who averaged 20 points and 4.5 assists last season. Wyoming transfer...
  3. This Ain't Chopped Liver

Damonic Williams to enter transfer portal

From a football development standpoint with eyes on the NFL one could argue that it makes sense to move on to a new defensive line coach that may see different areas he needs to improve and teach different techniques. So he is doing what is best for his college football education striving for an...
  4. This Ain't Chopped Liver

Spring football

Wow, that is a better view than I could have imagined in an urban core. Panoramic, just above lush green tree-line that looks like a forest, with a few distant houses sprinkled in and city scapes beyond.
  5. This Ain't Chopped Liver

Spring football

Is Hoover at practice and if he is, is he watching from the sideline or from the quarterback perspective? Is he walking? Any news on his back injury/surgury? What caused the injury? Hoover is the #1 quarterback and team leader and I think he will be good, contingent on being healthy.
  6. This Ain't Chopped Liver

SB Nation: Breaking down TCU men’s basketball transfer portal targets

Dennis Evans - I don’t know that he is a fit anymore at TCU with the coaching staff not having a former big man on it, but interesting that he is reported here to be healthy and ready...
  7. This Ain't Chopped Liver

2025 Recruiting Thread

Just pointing out that Guidry is not a big body for his position and that may account for his three-star ranking. You suggest those three SEC schools rank him higher but they may rank him where 247 does - Horns recruiting classes are about half three-stars and half four-stars with a couple...
  8. This Ain't Chopped Liver

NCAA Tournament

Injured Jamal Shead was the Big XII player of the year at only 6’1”. Explosive penetrate and dish scorer, the captain at point; and some rebounds along with the best defender on the team. 13 points, 6.3 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 2.2 steals per game. And who doesn’t have a team in the Elite...
  9. This Ain't Chopped Liver

NCAA Tournament

I think Houston was the only team that could beat UConn and I now have little interest. I am bummed for Houston and continue to become more frustrated with the disappointment of injuries in today’s sports. I have been watching dang Duke since Johnny Dawkins in the mid 80’s, sheesh. Duke plays...
  10. This Ain't Chopped Liver

Spring football

I accept your criticism and apologize for nitpicking as I too hate when people pick at something meaningless to, and distracting from, the point or story being conveyed - it irks me and makes it no fun. People often do that and I don’t like having just been guilty of it. You make a good point...
  11. This Ain't Chopped Liver

Spring football

A great season but not a championship; I don’t know if some people forget that or choose to ignore reality. The Frogs won a good bowl game, that’s it. There is no championship trophy or title in the recorded history of 2022. At the time, most here said the Big XII Championship didn’t matter -...
  12. This Ain't Chopped Liver

FWST: TCU forward JaKobe Coles plans to enter the transfer portal

Coles is a good scorer, improved his three-point shooting to an excellent 42% and though he is not very quick/athletic he has a nose for the ball and rebounds. He was hampered through most of the season with planter fasciitis. I would like to see him back. Coles and Miller were about tied in...
  13. This Ain't Chopped Liver

A Little TCU Trivia Involving Jackie Robinson

Some nice video in this article of Jackie at the Rose Bowl playing USC. He died at 53 of a heart attack with contributing Type 2 diabetes and stress. https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2023-04-14/jackie-robinson-ucla-four-sport-star-notable-moments
  14. This Ain't Chopped Liver

Peavy in Portal

Big Eddie feels poorly about how it ended at TCU so last night he initiated a conference call with the Frog coaching staff, Peavy, Coles, Udeh and Mostafa and they have all decided to reunite and play BIG next year. Now go find a point guard.;)
  15. This Ain't Chopped Liver

Peavy in Portal

I am surprised and think that is kinda BS, assuming it is either to land on a team with better tournament hopes next year or to test NIL for the best money offer. Seems he should have some loyalty to the coaches that brought him in after his mental breakdown.