• The KillerFrogs

Recent content by nrhfrog

1. N

FWST: TCU basketball sits at a crossroad after demoralizing NCAA Tournament loss to Utah State

I didn't mean to imply that we would never beat UH, BU, or even KU. In fact, we almost always have an upset or two each season against those teams. What I was referring to was competing for a championship. Dixon has brought us out of the basement, for sure. However, I don't think we have...
  2. N

FWST: TCU basketball sits at a crossroad after demoralizing NCAA Tournament loss to Utah State

I've had season tickets since the early 90's....a few years after moving back to North Texas. For the record....I love Jamie Dixon. Great guy, great alum. In no way do I want him to leave. He has brought respect back to the program. That said, I think he has taken TCU about as far as it...
  3. N

NO MORE WBAP 820 AM FOR TCU FOOTBALL. MOVING to KZPS 92.5 FM in 2024.

Not sure how this makes any sense. Many years ago, we let Baylor sneak in and become the broadcast partner with WBAP. Not sure all the details of how it went down, but Baylor let the contract expire and TCU jumped back in. Baylor officials were livid because they had let WBAP get away from...
  4. N

KWTX: Former TCU defensive coordinator set to become Midway’s head coach

From what I've heard, he's a really good guy. Apparently, he just got a little in over his head at this level of college football. That's okay....everyone has their limit. Hope he does great in his new job.
  5. N

FWST: Is a win over Oklahoma enough to salvage TCU’s season?

Would it help take some of the pain away from this rotten letdown? Yes. Would it give us some momentum to build on for next year? Yes. Will it happen? Not a chance. OU has a lot to play for, too. They got a good scare from a really bad BYU team last week. No way they overlook...
  6. N

FWST: Where does TCU turn after another disappointing Big 12 defeat?

Pretty good article. It's coaching...period. --Special teams coach: total mystery to me. Same kicker as last year. --Offensive Coordinator: I want Briles gone because I think it was a mistake to bring him on the staff. That said, he has the excuse of not having a decent QB to work...
  7. N

If I Was Donati......

For the record, I loved GP, but I knew the environment had turned toxic and his unwillingness to change would lead to his demise, which it did. I liked the hire of Sonny. I thought if Sonny could make SMU successful, he could do really good things at TCU. I had no expectations of a national...
  8. N

Gameday Thread: TCU on the Dark Side of the Moon, World Series Hangover Edition (Nov 2, 2023; 6PM)

What an embarrassment. Worst team in the Big 12. Sonny better clean out the coaches on his staff after this year....or his coaching career will be over in 2 more years.
  9. N

OT: prayer request

Prayer just said. Please keep us updated on her progress.
  10. N

Steven Johnson: TCU has big questions it needs to answer after ugly loss to K-State

Good to see this writer has the guts to ask what everyone on this board has been asking since the loss to CU.
  11. N

It’s one thing to look bad, it’s another to be just embarrassing…

Not sure I've seen it on all the "burn down" threads, but Landry Burdine said something last night on the post game show that verifies what a lot us have noticed. He said during the ISU game, he knew after the first quarter that the game was over. Against KSU, he knew we were in trouble after...
  12. N

Dr. Koehler will always be one of my TCU sports heroes

I will be forever grateful to Dr. Koehler. I don't remember the year exactly....96 or 97. At the recommendation of Roger Williams, I wrote a long letter to Dr. Koehler expressing my frustration with TCU Athletics and recommending various tactics to improve the experience.....winning again...
  13. N

DMN: Sonny Dykes isn’t biting on lighthearted Jimbo Fisher jab toward TCU football

Great response from Sonny. Our coach is a class act. He learned from his Dad...also, a class act.
  14. N

WFAA SPORTS - Bingo!

I always put my TCU flag up on game day. If we win, I leave it up for a day. If we lose, I whine and complain and take it down the next day or that evening. This time....I'm letting it fly for the whole dang week. Yes, the debacle on Monday night pissed me off and embarrassed the heck out...
  15. N

Full game replay online?

Is there any way to find the radio broadcast by Estridge/Denton? I would love to hear those guys call the game.