• The KillerFrogs

Recent content by FrankDMaynard

1. FrankDMaynard

Looking to try new Fort Worth tex mex place

Interestingly enough, the 'new' N. Main Original kept the chip recipe that the twins had there when it was El Rancho Grande.
  2. FrankDMaynard

Jordan Whittington Article

Like the commercial says, most college athletes will go pro in something else. This young man writes well enough to do just that.
  3. FrankDMaynard

103 degrees now long range forecast for Sept. 2nd...

I've been concerned about our players in this heat, but when I asked someone in the know, it was said very confidently, "We will be fine". Now the fans are whole different story.
  4. FrankDMaynard

Iron Skillet Game Paused Indefinitely

I am truly sad that this historic rivalry has hit the skids, but SMU is much blame for their own demise. I do believe that after the death penalty there was not much motivation from the administration to support the SMU football program, and I also believe that the NCAA should be shot, hung...
  5. FrankDMaynard

Deseret News: Would BYU welcome Utah into the Big 12?

There is nothing in college athletics that make it more fun and exciting than good 'ol sports 'hate'. I remember that being in all those different conferences and having no feeling of rivalry against most of the teams we played...except, we were beginning to create some of that with Utah and BYU...
  6. FrankDMaynard

FW Report: ‘Oppenheimer’ and the TCU professor who helped build the bomb

I had Dr. Moseley for Physics and remember him walking through the halls of the Bass building with his black horned rim specs halfway down his nose, an arm full of books and the ever present cigarette hanging out of his mouth.
  7. FrankDMaynard

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

This may be a dumb question and may have been covered previously with regards to the payouts to schools in the Big XII, but do the schools that the conference adds get the same payout that has been contracted with the original schools of said conference? And, why would the broadcasting powers...
  8. FrankDMaynard

FWST: How does this TCU baseball team compare to Horned Frogs’ past College World Series clubs?

Is Game 1on Friday our game or is that just the 1st game of the tournament?
  9. FrankDMaynard

Unexpected TCU ring in the mail

Not to mention all that gold!!!
  10. FrankDMaynard

Unexpected TCU ring in the mail

I got mine! Are they real diamonds?
  11. FrankDMaynard

Jim Brown dies, TCU 1957 Cotton Bowl big win

Yes, it was often 'third and Renfro'.
  12. FrankDMaynard

247 Sports: New heights: TCU's rout of Oklahoma a sign of further progress

Daniel Meyer was 7,201 and when it was remodeled it dropped to 6,800.
  13. FrankDMaynard

Big 12 2023 Schedules?

How did the original Big XII schedule? Was there a north and south division? Play everyone in your division and rotate schools in the other?
  14. FrankDMaynard

Amazing Statistic

In 1974, Texas had the immortal Earl Campbell and they beat us 81-16 that year. Last Monday night felt a little like that.