• The KillerFrogs

Recent content by CyFrog22

1. C

Killer Frogs/FN: Mem'ries Sweet: Abby Faber Throws out the First Pitch at Lupton

Just let us know next time you are around, I believe you stayed at the hotel in Story City, which is right behind our house, last time you were here.
  2. C

Any questions for tonight's podcast recording? We'll have Abby Faber and her dad joining us tonight...

We don’t eat much in Ames but we do like Boulder Tap and the obvious local favorite is Hickory Park. When we lived in Ankeny, we would frequent Jethroe’s somewhat frequently and Ames has one as well. To be honest, I don’t like to recommend BBQ to people from Texas since it appears BBQ is almost...
  3. C

Gameday Thread: Iowa State at TCU

Abby is ready, looks like she wins either way today!
  4. C

OT-Any Killer Frogs folks live in Iowa?

I know I am a tad bit late for this conversation but our high school, Roland-Story, is in the same conference as Greene County. Both our older kids would have played baseball and softball there this past summer. Nolan will playing basketball there this winter but as of now I don’t know a date
  5. C

Boykin...again

Sad
  6. C

AP: TCU takes fresh QB home to face Iowa State

I honestly don’t think many people know who he is, he really didn’t get much publicity prior to his commitment mainly because western Iowa doesn’t get covered as heavily as the Des Moines area and the eastern side. Really flew under the radar
  7. C

(Abby Faber) A genuine moment set the stage for a lifelong friendship

I can see that hotel from my backyard, we are having dinner in Ankeny but if we get home at a decent time I will take you up on that offer
  8. C

(Abby Faber) A genuine moment set the stage for a lifelong friendship

She doesn’t actually run the races she gets pushed in a cart by a runner.
  9. C

Iowa State Look a Likes

My wife just asked, Where is the Iowa State look a like thread? So I will start, this isn’t a look a like but it is the best name in college football
  10. C

Headed to Ames...what to do?

I am probably not the best person to offer up restaurant suggestions but yes the go to place in Ames is Hickory Park, very much a local legend. A place I like is Boulder Tap, food is good and several beers on tap. West Side Pub isn’t bad and that is typical bar food and that is on the west side...
  11. C

2020 Baseball Season Thread

We saw the Gophers play Creighton there a couple years ago, not a terrible place to watch a game and plenty of seats to choose from. We will be there
  12. C

Warning: Don't buy anything from Boykin on Instagram or Twitter

Abby is doing really well and since our trip a couple years ago she has had a few different procedures on her upper and lower legs but nothing planned for this year, which makes her really happy. She is getting bigger and she keeps working hard in her PT sessions and hopefully one day it will...
  13. C

Warning: Don't buy anything from Boykin on Instagram or Twitter

This may sound really stupid or really wishy washy but that thought has crossed my mind more times than you can imagine. Sometimes I think about wanting to reach out to him and offer whatever help he may need and other times I think he can go to straight $&@“ if this is true. Either way...