• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
The non binary swimsuit edition?
Nervous Abc GIF by The Bachelorette

East Coast

Tier 1
If you look at the total package in team “desirability“ rankings it would be a disaster.
There are currently 69 P5 teams. The B12 already has 3 out of the last 4, we certainly don’t need 5 out of the last 6.

At some point, adding schools just waters down your product. Personally, unless Wash. & Oregon are involved, I believe 2 is all we need. After that, the B12 can be more picky as to who they invite.
I was half joking when I mentioned Washington State, but they are a better candidate than a casual glance would indicate. I would rather have them than Oregon State for sure, and also Cal, just because of what Cal is.

82 Frog Fever

I was half joking when I mentioned Washington State, but they are a better candidate than a casual glance would indicate. I would rather have them than Oregon State for sure, and also Cal, just because of what Cal is.
Neither is worth anything close to $31.6m/annually, so they would ultimately cost every current B12 member payout $$$.
Would you still want them if every B12 team’s payout was reduced to < $30m?

I’m not sure if I’m confused more about who would make such a ridiculously designed swimsuit, or why the photographer couldn’t wait a couple seconds for her to move her hand out of her face. ;)
Good point, but I honestly had not noticed the unconventional swimsuit design; maybe because I was distracted by the beauty of the entirety, or maybe just her adorable smile.

Eight

if the choice was adding one of the schools from wazzu, oregon state, and cal or more hot in game takes from certain site posters i am biting the bullet and taking more [ Finebaum ]ty game takes

Frog DJ

Cal/Stanford are much too academically snobbish to ever join an athletic conference containing schools like Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Kansas State, Houston, or Cincinnati. Probably also too "woke" to join a conference with church-related schools like TCU, Baylor, and BYU.
I completely agree, but what’s their realistic alternative if the PAC 12 collapses, and the Big Ten doesn't make them an offer? That’s a sincere question, because the MWC would be even less attractive, using those standards.

Go Frogs!

82 Frog Fever

Bombshell if true.

You have to be careful, as many people are saying the same thing without knowing it.
Some have come out and said it’s $22m, others have said $29m.

The problem is the P12 media deal is mostly streaming and they have to pay their own TV production costs because they don’t own the rights. Those costs are approx. $75m, or $7.5m per school.

So if you take the $29m less $7m of TV production cost, you’re back at $22m net.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
You have to be careful, as many people are saying the same thing without knowing it.
Some have come out and said it’s $22m, others have said $29m.

The problem is the P12 media deal is mostly streaming and they have to pay their own TV production costs because they don’t own the rights. Those costs are approx. $75m, or $7.5m per school.

So if you take the $29m less $7m of TV production cost, you’re back at $22m net.
Ouch!

Makes me wonder if there's a clause in there about minimum viewership?