• The KillerFrogs

on3: 4-star QB Jaden Rashada reportedly set to visit TCU

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
So if Briles lands this cat does that mean some of you will change your minds and renew your season tickets?
Remember just a short year ago, when UT landed The Greatest QB Evar..? Paid him who-knows-how-much out of their gargantuan slush fund?

Yeah. He was a bust.

There's no guarantee that any kid will work out. Paying them a ton of money based on elusive "potential" will almost always be a loser.

As to The Whelp, I very much doubt his input has any traction with the kid in question. Seems that it is the Benjamins he listens to.

82 Frog Fever

No doubt although it doesn't seem TCU was even on his radar until we got Briles so I think having KB on staff is the biggest thing that got us in this.
TCU was not on his radar because his focus was NIL $.
Now we‘re past the initial signing, most colleges already have their committed QBs, and time is more pressing.

Now he must shift his focus from NIL to “where is the best place to get developed and make it to the NFL”
That’s where TCU comes into play. Much better than ASU

hiphopfroggy

Per capita, it's kid of like living in Italy...
Did you just compare the state of Mississippi to the most cultured country in the world?

Drink Reaction GIF by Laff

Westsider

Now he must shift his focus from NIL to “where is the best place to get developed and make it to the NFL”
That’s where TCU comes into play. Much better than ASU
I think he realizes he's still going to get his money.... its just going to be in the form of a multi-million dollar settlement with Florida, not NIL.

Frog-in-law1995

I think he realizes he's still going to get his money.... its just going to be in the form of a multi-million dollar settlement with Florida, not NIL.
But does he have a duty to mitigate his damages by seeking NIL money elsewhere? Can he, without hurting his potential recovery from Florida, turn down a higher offer if he doesn’t like the school? Interesting questions. Don’t do enough (well, any) contract work to know, but there may be similar-enough precedents out there.

NewFrogFan

Mississippi is a poor state, but there are some old money families that have been there for many generations and they have more money than the state. The billionaire Duff brothers shower Ole Miss with money. So do the Mannings for that matter.
John Grisham has been known to “treat” the MSU baseball program.

I flew T-38’s at Columbus, lived in Caledonia, loved every minute of it. Beautiful country and very nice people.

fanatical frog

So…..Texas is back?
Early Big 12 Football Predictions for 2023 - AthlonSports.com | Expert Predictions, Picks, and Previews

I have no idea if this link will work.....but Athlon Sports predicts Texas as the favorite and TCU second. OK link didn't work. Take my word for it. Texas/ TCU and OU in that order.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
I suspect the culture/chemistry of the 2022 Frog football team was the primary reason for the team overachieving and getting to the championship game. I suspect Duggan was THE player leader in that and it may never be matched again. TCU got the Duggan Special—a magical year.

Be careful, and don’t bring in a rotten egg to stink it up. Carefully evaluate team leaders (inherent in the QB position) for that culture that brought the team success this past season.

I don’t know how you offer an incoming QB a big money NIL deal without offering the same to Chandler Morris.

Besides, I thought the rule was that you couldn’t offer NIL money to lure recruits—why does this continue to be ignored. The NIL program and opportunity can be discussed, but the realized NIL dollar numbers are suppose to come after you join the team.
I can tell you CSD and Co are very mindful of the team’s ‘salary structure’ for lack of a better term