• The KillerFrogs

on3: 4-star QB Jaden Rashada reportedly set to visit TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

4-star QB Jaden Rashada reportedly set to visit TCU​

Drew Schott

jaden-rashada-turned-down-millions-will-still-have-highest-known-nil-deal-for-recruits.jpeg

Pittsburg (Calif.) four-star quarterback Jaden Rashada will visit TCU next weekend, according to ESPN’s Pete Thamel. He is currently the top uncommitted signal-caller in the 2023 cycle.

Rashada originally signed with Florida during the Early Signing Period. However, he asked for and was granted a release from his National Letter of Intent.

If Rashada visits the Horned Frogs, it will mark his second visit in as many weeks. On3’s Chad Simmons previously reported that the four-star was expected to see Arizona State this weekend.

Read more at https://www.on3.com/college/tcu-horned-frogs/news/jaden-rashada-visiting-tcu-4-star-qb/

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
The moment TCU was mentioned as the potential top spot. I can't remember who it was but who was the 5* recruit we signed and within a few weeks after he signed they dropped him to a 4*? There must be some vortex over campus that sucks out one star once they commit....it's science.
Exactly the case. However once he commits to Ole Miss, he will be bumped back up.

The moment TCU was mentioned as the potential top spot. I can't remember who it was but who was the 5* recruit we signed and within a few weeks after he signed they dropped him to a 4*? There must be some vortex over campus that sucks out one star once they commit....it's science.
Gotta make sure TAMU, horns and others get their off-season trophies lmao

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Well, it certainly wasn’t 5 star Zack Evans that took the $ to watch our run to the CFP from the Magnolia State…

LisaLT

Can we afford this young man? Is he THAT good? Perhaps since that NIL deal fell through he will be more reasonable with his $$ wants? I mean, he is visiting ASU too - I doubt highly they would pay that kind of money.

TCU would be a good landing spot for him if he really wants to shine and play football with a top notch program.

That link in the article has Miami as the favorite to land him.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Can we afford this young man? Is he THAT good? Perhaps since that NIL deal fell through he will be more reasonable with his $$ wants? I mean, he is visiting ASU too - I doubt highly they would pay that kind of money.

TCU would be a good landing spot for him if he really wants to shine and play football with a top notch program.

That link in the article has Miami as the favorite to land him.
With the numbers reportedly being thrown around, we could never "afford" such a kid.

LisaLT

With the numbers reportedly being thrown around, we could never "afford" such a kid.
I saw on that link his NIL "value" was $450k. I assume that means in one year? I have no clue how this works, but that number is substantially lower than the $13 million dollar number that was supposedly offered from that Florida Super Pack.

LisaLT

After clicking around to get info on this young man, I saw this comparison which made me laugh as Hackenberg was a TOTAL BUST in the NFL. Hard to believe he was ever rated this high:

Rashada.png

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I saw on that link his NIL "value" was $450k. I assume that means in one year? I have no clue how this works, but that number is substantially lower than the $13 million dollar number that was supposedly offered from that Florida Super Pack.
I remember a baseball saying: "There is no greater curse to lay on a young player than 'potential.'" In this NIL World, the curse applies to both ends. We apparently balked at $500K for Evans, who was an electric talent in the few runs we saw him take and thus had demonstrated that he could indeed "do it." So, he went on his merry way to get that amount from Ole Miss, who got very, very little for their substantial investment.

From Andrew Miller at Hook‘em Headlines—
According to a report from Jeremy Clark of 247Sports on Jan. 23 (paid content), Rashada has past connections to the recently-hired OC Briles. The former Arkansas Razorbacks offensive coordinator is reportedly set to make the trip out to California later this week to visit Rashada.

Briles apparently recruited Rashada when he was on staff under head coach Sam Pittman at Arkansas. Those early efforts and connections that Briles formed with Rashada and people in his camp could pay off now that he is at TCU and the five-star quarterback is looking for a new collegiate destination.

Last edited:

Limey Frog

Wouldn’t it be horrible if KB brought a bunch of 5 star players to TCU who want to play for him? Wonder if Dykes knows anything about that?
Players with some really promising national news headlines already generated, too!

I kid, I kid... I don't know how much you can blame Rashada for what seems to have happened at UF. Seems like a story of their dysfunction. If people offer you millions to play, take it. You can't blame him for that.

As for Briles, him attracting recruits and turning their talent into many points on the scoreboard shouldn't surprise anyone. I don't think that's what anyone is worried about.

I suspect the culture/chemistry of the 2022 Frog football team was the primary reason for the team overachieving and getting to the championship game. I suspect Duggan was THE player leader in that and it may never be matched again. TCU got the Duggan Special—a magical year.

Be careful, and don’t bring in a rotten egg to stink it up. Carefully evaluate team leaders (inherent in the QB position) for that culture that brought the team success this past season.

I don’t know how you offer an incoming QB a big money NIL deal without offering the same to Chandler Morris.

Besides, I thought the rule was that you couldn’t offer NIL money to lure recruits—why does this continue to be ignored. The NIL program and opportunity can be discussed, but the realized NIL dollar numbers are suppose to come after you join the team.

Last edited: