• The KillerFrogs

Don't be discouraged! (from a Baylor fan)

D-Rob

I know it hurts right now, especially coming so close. But you guys have had an unbelievable season. You will not get bumped from the playoffs. Who else is are they going to put in? A 2-lose Alabama? If they do, it will be obvious (as if it's not already) that the system is rigged for the haves. In fact, I would guess that you'll stay at 3. They don't want a Michigan/Ohio St. rematch. No matter what, I see you playing Michigan. If Georgia loses and Michigan wins, then maybe you'll drop to 4, but you'll still play Michigan, so seeding doesn't really matter. So take heart and represent the Big XII in the playoff!

Signed,
Baylor Fan

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
I know it hurts right now, especially coming so close. But you guys have had an unbelievable season. You will not get bumped from the playoffs. Who else is are they going to put in? A 2-lose Alabama? If they do, it will be obvious (as if it's not already) that the system is rigged for the haves. In fact, I would guess that you'll stay at 3. They don't want a Michigan/Ohio St. rematch. No matter what, I see you playing Michigan. If Georgia loses and Michigan wins, then maybe you'll drop to 4, but you'll still play Michigan, so seeding doesn't really matter. So take heart and represent the Big XII in the playoff!

Signed,
Baylor Fan
I’m not discouraged, thanks

tjcoffice

"I know it hurts right now, especially coming so close. But you guys have had an unbelievable season. You will not get bumped from the playoffs."

It doesn't hurt for me. Darned proud of these young men. They played with their heart right up to the final whistle. Somewhere up high, Dutch is looking down with a smile on his face.

D-Rob

one of the things that buoys my spirit at times like these is looking at my window and not seeing waco
I'm in Kansas City, so I don't have to see Waco either! I will say, I recently went back to visit last September, and Waco is a whole lot better than it was when I was there in the 90's. I realize that's not saying much, but it was slightly improved. I'll be routing for the Frogs in playoffs!

Gringo1873

I'm in Kansas City, so I don't have to see Waco either! I will say, I recently went back to visit last September, and Waco is a whole lot better than it was when I was there in the 90's. I realize that's not saying much, but it was slightly improved. I'll be routing for the Frogs in playoffs!
Don't listen to the haters. Thank you for the grace, respect, and humility you showed with your post.

East Coast

Tier 1
Doesn’t hurt at all but thanks for visiting! Anyone that’s not a participant in that football game who is hurting at an undefeated regular season, round robin conf championship, and heading to the blue blood invitational is weak.
Disappointed? yes Somewhat in awe of Max? yes Want to punch smug G Riley in the face? yes Hurting? no It was a heck of a game.

TCUBetterThanYou

Signed,
Baylor Fan
Classy post. Hope to represent our school and Big XII well.

Doesn’t hurt at all but thanks for visiting! Anyone that’s not a participant in that football game who is hurting at an undefeated regular season, round robin conf championship, and heading to the blue blood invitational is weak.
TCU is not going to be recognized anywhere as regular season conference champion. Just like 2021 Oklahoma State is not, but Baylor is. That is why Duggan is choking back tears. Two years in a row now that this “championship” game has nullified the regular season accomplishment. The ONE TRUE CHAMPION is already back in Kansas with the only Big XII trophy.

The Big XII decided to do a 180 on their definition of ONE TRUE CHAMPION and thus TCU ain‘t it in 2022. We all remember that ”sincere“ ideal a few years ago—that marketing motto of Big XII pride and superiority in crowning its ONE TRUE CHAMPION.

Well, here is the official final Big XII regular season standings on the Big 12 website. Today’s true champion, 7-2 Kansas State, resides on top of 9-0 TCU.

44A3E9E0-C356-4434-94C3-06A0C212ABFE.jpeg

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

TCU is not going to be recognized anywhere as regular season conference champion. Just like 2021 Oklahoma State is not, but Baylor is. That is why Duggan is choking back tears. Two years in a row now that this “championship” game has nullified the regular season accomplishment. The ONE TRUE CHAMPION is already back in Kansas with the only Big XII trophy.

The Big XII decided to do a 180 on their definition of ONE TRUE CHAMPION and thus TCU ain‘t it in 2022. We all remember that ”sincere“ ideal a few years ago—that marketing motto of Big XII pride and superiority in crowning its ONE TRUE CHAMPION.

Well, here is the official final Big XII regular season standings on the Big 12 website. Today’s true champion, 7-2 Kansas State, resides on top of 9-0 TCU.

View attachment 12944
I’ve never relied on “recognition” to define reality. Not gonna start now.

I think we can agree the Big XII is organized poorly and officiated horribly. But at least there is that thread of consistency...
The Big XII may have screwed Max and their own conference out of a Heisman winner. One or two on that referee crew may be feeling shame this morning.

I am not one to be critical of refs unless it appears clear something was amiss. Here it does. It seems clear that they did not get the spot right on Duggan’s reach. It is as if they were only interested in determining whether Max had scored or not, and once they decided he was short they just sloppily spotted the ball. Makes me wonder if the ref just assumed that TCU would likely punch it in on the next down anyway, and then whoops it didn’t happen like they expected, haha, but now this is no laughing matter—just look at Max’s postgame red face, and what could have been the Big XII’s Heisman winner.

That long review and poor spot does not give confidence that they are telling the truth on the following 3rd down review, and may not have taken the time to properly analyze the overhead camera angle of Miller‘s reach, as if they felt they spent too much time already on the previous screwed up review. One messed up review fed into a lack of critical review on the next.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
We hope it’s a rout…