• The KillerFrogs

National Support for the Frogs

arizonafrog12

It's so nice to see the vast majority of media and fans believe that TCU is a lock for the playoff regardless of what happens in the B12 Championship Game. The CFB Subreddit (+1m Redditors) is like 99 percent sure that TCU has done enough to lock in the 3 Seed even if we lose next week (unlikely). What a striking difference from 2014, when we were cast aside like a piece of street trash in favor of OSU and Baylol. These boys and coaches deserve a ton of credit for bringing TCU back into the national discussion and earning that subjective respect that seems to be too important in CFB. I'm praying for a Fiesta Bowl so my Scottsdale-livin-azz can root on the Frogs.

What are your thoughts on how the CFB world is taking TCU's inclusion in the playoff?

Rex Kramer

It's so nice to see the vast majority of media and fans believe that TCU is a lock for the playoff regardless of what happens in the B12 Championship Game. The CFB Subreddit (+1m Redditors) is like 99 percent sure that TCU has done enough to lock in the 3 Seed even if we lose next week (unlikely). What a striking difference from 2014, when we were cast aside like a piece of street trash in favor of OSU and Baylol. These boys and coaches deserve a ton of credit for bringing TCU back into the national discussion and earning that subjective respect that seems to be too important in CFB. I'm praying for a Fiesta Bowl so my Scottsdale-livin-azz can root on the Frogs.

What are your thoughts on how the CFB world is taking TCU's inclusion in the playoff?
Apprehensively loving it. Part of me kind of feels this sudden shift in the conversation is something that could cause the team to become complacent. We have 12 games worth of evidence that this team is good at shutting out the outside noise, but this is a pretty significant shift. I just hope the team doesn't lose their edge.

Planks

Why are there so many post about "what if we lose". Are we that uncertain, unconfident?

Probably because that’s the scenario where there is anything to talk about. If we win there isn’t really a discussion.

Also I’m pretty sure most of us feel talking about a win before it happens is bad form from a karma standpoint.

And Kansas State is a really good team so yes there is definitely some uncertainty.

Wexahu

People don't want to admit it I guess, but entirely different circumstances this year. Amazing how that plays out when you actually DO have a better SOS, more wins over Bowl teams, etc, etc instead of the other way around.

Zubaz

Why are there so many post about "what if we lose". Are we that uncertain, unconfident?
My nerves come from the fact that they had an 18 point lead, then missed two field goals and at least one overthrown touchdown pass. Since the game, Will Howard has gotten way better, they absolutely drubbed two teams that we beat on the last play of the game (one in 2OT), and we still don't know how solid QJ's ankle is. Plus the game is on turf away from home.

Like....we're favored for a reason, we did beat them after all [and they did lose to a UT team that we beat], but they're a top ten team for a reason. We're going to have to earn it way more than, say, Michigan has to.

FrogBall09

Let’s just win - honestly the support in some circles is great and some would not admit we are good even if we beat Georgia for the championship

But if we lose and USC wins - then I would be concerned that we will get screwed for OSU

Plus losing puts up at risk of being #4 even if they let us in - and would much prefer Michigan in the first round vs Georgia

Limey Frog

I'm not being facetious here: my thoughts are that if we lose the Big XII championship game I'm not going to feel that great about being in the playoff. I want TCU to be the undisputed Big XII champion. We've been waiting for that for a decade, it's the no. 1 goal every year. Frankly, I wish we only played the CCG in a round robin format if two teams have the same record and there's not head-to-head tie breaker, but obviously this is about money. Yes, the CFP would be nice, but if you can't beat K-State you're not beating Georgia, so your consolation prize is a curb-stomping by an NFL team.

Wexahu

I'm not being facetious here: my thoughts are that if we lose the Big XII championship game I'm not going to feel that great about being in the playoff. I want TCU to be the undisputed Big XII champion. We've been waiting for that for a decade, it's the no. 1 goal every year. Frankly, I wish we only played the CCG in a round robin format if two teams have the same record and there's not head-to-head tie breaker, but obviously this is about money. Yes, the CFP would be nice, but if you can't beat K-State you're not beating Georgia, so your consolation prize is a curb-stomping by an NFL team.
Another way to look at it. We are already in the playoffs and this is our quarterfinal game. And there is a chance it's double elimination, but not a guarantee.

Stephen A. Smith is not taking TCU‘s inclusion well. He wants to be a buddy of Nick Saban.

Stephen A. Smith—
“Ohio State does not go in after a loss like that before Alabama if USC or TCU lose. You struggled. You (Alabama) lost by a point. You lost by a field goal in the last minute at the buzzer at Tennessee 52-49. They two loses by a combined 4 points. I’m not saying they deserve to be in now, but if USC or TCU loses, Alabama goes in. Yes! Absolutely.”

Limey Frog

Another way to look at it. We are already in the playoffs and this is our quarterfinal game. And there is a chance it's double elimination, but not a guarantee.
That would be fine if they would give us the Big 12 trophy already. I'm just worried we're going to be screwed by not getting a second shot at Baylor in 2014 and screwed again by K-State getting one at us in 2022.

FWFrogFan

Let’s just win - honestly the support in some circles is great and some would not admit we are good even if we beat Georgia for the championship

But if we lose and USC wins - then I would be concerned that we will get screwed for OSU

Plus losing puts up at risk of being #4 even if they let us in - and would much prefer Michigan in the first round vs Georgia
I like the idea of facing the #1 team first. You get much more time to prepare for your first game (28 days) than the second (9 days). If the goal is to win a national championship, and not merely play for one, I kind of like the 4 spot.

Rex Kramer

Stephen A. Smith is not taking TCU‘s inclusion well. He wants to be a buddy of Nick Saban.

Stephen A. Smith—
“Ohio State does not go in after a loss like that before Alabama if USC or TCU lose. You struggled. You (Alabama) lost by a point. You lost by a field goal in the last minute at the buzzer at Tennessee 52-49. They two loses by a combined 4 points. I’m not saying they deserve to be in now, but if USC or TCU loses, Alabama goes in. Yes! Absolutely.”

Sleep Yawn GIF