• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Eight

Not sure how many of y’all saw this but it’s pretty awesome. He handled it far far better than I would’ve, that’s for sure.

top shelf by tyler and a friend pointed out that not only is Iran in no position to call out any country on matters of discriminatory pre and post the shah, but in my friends view, and the friend is black, the journalists basically called adams in the friend's words "an uncle tom" for representing the us

Purp

1-0 US at the half on a Pulisic goal. Dominant first half. Need to go get a second goal.
Really needed that 2nd one from Timmy. Offsides by a fingernail. Ugh.

This Acosta sub is the right one to make. I'd go get Sarge now too. He's been fantastic with hold-up play, but he appears to be tiring. The pressure at the top is where our possession starts. Really need to get fresh legs up there.

dawg

American Flag GIF
Goal Life GIF
Ron Swanson America GIF
200.gif
4Th Of July Freedom GIF
Stephen Colbert America GIF by GQ
Droning American GIF by Jocqua

Purp

Got ugly in the end, but big win today. I really hate the way Berhalter tries to sit on a lead. We had all the possession in the first half. Come put your foot on their throat and don't let up. Instead he sits back and it drives me bananas. But we won. Saturday morning is going to be quite a day for us American Frogs fans.

dawg

Got ugly in the end, but big win today. I really hate the way Berhalter tries to sit on a lead. We had all the possession in the first half. Come put your foot on their throat and don't let up. Instead he sits back and it drives me bananas. But we won. Saturday morning is going to be quite a day for us American Frogs fans.
1000%.

Tyler Adams’ amazing response to this baited question and whatnot.

Such a great answer. I don’t think me at age 23 would have handled that situation with as much poise as Adams did. That’s my captain. /TOvoice

Last edited:

Chongo94

According to some reports, some Iranians are celebrating the US victory back in Iran.

Glad we won, hope the Iranian players don’t face any problems when they arrive home. Pretty brutal for them.

Eight

usa only gave up 1 goal in qualifying and that was off a pk for a really stupid foul so........

is this a product of good defensive play by the us or...

poor finishing by our opponents or.....

a combination of luck and how the games played out or.....

some of all above?

Purp

usa only gave up 1 goal in qualifying and that was off a pk for a really stupid foul so........

is this a product of good defensive play by the us or...

poor finishing by our opponents or.....

a combination of luck and how the games played out or.....

some of all above?
I think it's a little of everything. Offense being the best defense has been suffocating in first halves. Bend but don't break has been the 2nd half mantra. We play with fire and have been lucky to not concede from the run of play, but Zimmerman's penalty is what happens when you rely too heavily on luck.

Our defense has been consistently strong under Berhalter. Tyler Adams gets 80% of the credit for that from me. He shuts down everything the opponent wants to do through the middle. He reads the game as well as anyone I've ever seen. He makes his solid center backs look elite because he's elite.

And Jedi at left back has finally ended the revolving door of infinite sadness at left back. My entire life we've been brutally outclassed at that position. But no more.

Purp

Gotta give Berhalter credit. He's resisted using Long and Roldan. He has underutilized Gio and even allowing Jordan Morris to put on shinguards was a mistake, but he's pulled most of the perfect strings so far. Gotta use Scally, though, next time he thinks Dest needs a blow. Shaq Moore is a liability in this tournament.