• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Manhattan MildKats BIG XII Championship Prediction Thread

Alright ladies and gentlemen (or whatever else you want to call yourself), this is it! The Big XII Championship featuring your very own TCU Horned Frogs.

Gimme the score, and the passing yards differential between Max and Howard.

TCU 44 - KSU 39, Max +45

Wexahu

Alright ladies and gentlemen (or whatever else you want to call yourself), this is it! The Big XII Championship featuring your very own TCU Horned Frogs.

Gimme the score, and the passing yards differential between Max and Howard.

TCU 44 - KSU 39, Max +45
Cats 41 - Frogs 27, Max +20

Lots of restless Saturday nights.

LVH

I have a feeling we could play the role of Oklahoma in the 2017 Big 12 title game and win rather easily without much drama.

Just need Kansas State to run a naked bootleg with Will Howard on 4th and 1 when they are down 7.

Limey Frog

I have a feeling we could play the role of Oklahoma in the 2017 Big 12 title game and win rather easily without much drama.

Just need Kansas State to run a naked bootleg with Will Howard on 4th and 1 when they are down 7.
I think they're planning on replicating a different Big 12 championship game featuring Oklahoma.

Deuce Vaughan starring as Darren Sprouls. That's what's got me losing sleep; you know exactly what they're going to do, and with whom. And if that guy doesn't do it, no one else will. And yet, there he is, running down the field anyway.

Planks

On paper this should be a very close game, but it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see it being a big win one way or the other.

I can see TCU being nervous and scared, crumbling under the pressure of such a high stakes game against a calm Kansas State team with nothing to lose (They are guaranteed Sugar bowl regardless). Kansas State is basically playing with house money in this game, while TCU is playing with our life savings on the line.

I could also see TCU playing hungry and confident, putting together their best, most complete game of the season and showing why they are playoff bound.

Last edited:

Bob Sugar

On paper this should be a very close game, but it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see it being a big win one way or the other.

I can see TCU being nervous and scared, crumbling under the pressure of such a high stakes game against a calm Kansas State team with nothing to lose (They are guaranteed Sugar bowl regardless). Kansas State is basically playing with house money in this game, while TCU is playing with our life savings on the line.

I could also see TCU playing hungry and confident, putting together their best, most complete game of the season and showing why they are playoff bound.
Them being guaranteed the Sugar depends on what the Committee does with UT. They were at 23 last week and KSU was at 12. If UT gets a boost a few spots higher than their AP/Coaches rating, say to 16 or 17 or so, KSU has to worry about staying in front of UT to get the Sugar bid. For all you CFP conspiracy theorists out there, boosting UT, boosts Bama.

Cougar/Frog

TCU 45 Kittens 17. Max goes for 325, Howard 135 before getting knocked out, so +190.

Bonus, Caleb lays an egg against Utah, throws 4 picks, fumbles twice, and loses the Heisman.

Planks

Them being guaranteed the Sugar depends on what the Committee does with UT. They were at 23 last week and KSU was at 12. If UT gets a boost a few spots higher than their AP/Coaches rating, say to 16 or 17 or so, KSU has to worry about staying in front of UT to get the Sugar bid. For all you CFP conspiracy theorists out there, boosting UT, boosts Bama.

A fan tweeted CDC a couple days ago asking if Texas had a chance at the Sugar Bowl, and CDC said no. I can’t imagine he would have said that unless he has already been told in behind the scenes meetings that the Sugar Bowl will be taking Kansas State no matter what.

But regardless, the point is, TCU is under a lot more pressure this game than Kansas State.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Frogs 42- EMAW-24 Max +55

The Frogs looked loose and confident on Saturday night, and were executing well. The defense looked very good. It seems that a lot of demons were exorcised last week, and the players are confident and calm.