• The KillerFrogs

Yahoo! Sports: Georgia, Michigan, TCU and USC should be in no matter what

I'll be extremely upset if TCU loses next week and OSU gets in over them. Basically, it will have played out like this.

2014: 12-1 OSU is rewarded for playing in their conference championship game while 11-1 TCU is punished for not playing in one.

2022: 12-1 TCU is punished for playing in their conference championship game while 11-1 OSU is rewarded for not playing in one.

Wexahu

I'll be extremely upset if TCU loses next week and OSU gets in over them. Basically, it will have played out like this.

2014: 12-1 OSU is rewarded for playing in their conference championship game while 11-1 TCU is punished for not playing in one.

2022: 12-1 TCU is punished for playing in their conference championship game while 11-1 OSU is rewarded for not playing in one.
It'd make more sense to look at it like this:

2014 - 12-1 Ohio State is rewarded for having a 12-1 record, a stronger SOS, and more wins over Bowl teams while 11-1 TCU is punished for having a weaker SOS and fewer wins over Bowl teams.

2022 - 12-1 TCU is punished for having a 12-1 record, a stronger SOS, and more wins over Bowl teams while 11-1 Ohio State is rewarded for having a weaker SOS and fewer wins over Bowl teams.

If what you saying will happen, happens. To be determined.

Eight

Their FPI is doing that. Just like it minimizes TCU. It's giving USC something like a 39% chance to beat Utah and us a 54% chance to beat KSU.

Read this if you want to be amused. Recruiting ranking and coaching tenure are factors which is why both USC and TCU get crapped on in their rankings and Texas is 6th. And unfortunately, people read that crap and take it for gospel. i.e. Tennessee fans.

this from the same people who for a good part of the baseball season said the yankees were better than the astros even though some of us knew the truth all along

Sebastian S

This weeks rankings should be
1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Ohio State
4. TCU

5. Alabama
6. USC

Final Rankings
1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. USC - beats Utah

5. Alabama
6. Ohio State

Pharm Frog

This weeks rankings should be
1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Ohio State
4. TCU

5. Alabama
6. USC

Final Rankings
1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. USC - beats Utah

5. Alabama
6. Ohio State
That would be kinda funny. That said…would not surprise me to see OSU at 4th this week in CFP rankings. I can see several reasons they might want to do that to increase commentary, clicks, views, excitement and angst around CCG’s, etc and to give themselves more potential options.

Sebastian S

Then when USC wins, drop them out.

You know they(OSU) will go straight to the big 10 to remove divisions and demand the 2 best teams get into the CCG

That would be kinda funny. That said…would not surprise me to see OSU at 4th this week in CFP rankings. I can see several reasons they might want to do that to increase commentary, clicks, views, excitement and angst around CCG’s, etc and to give themselves more potential options.
We talk about TCU lagging in the predictor/ Vegas type rankings- in the 6-10 range for most predictor type rankings- but USC is even weaker in those (in the 10-15 range). They have the loss plus several close wins to pretty bad teams. Predictor rankings hate those results. If the committee is influenced by those at all they could easily have OSU ahead of them. Even in resume/ strength of record type rankings USC is in the 5-7 range, behind Ohio State. I could see them with a " we need to see more" mindset and place USC 5th with the intent to move them to 4th with a win.

McFroggin

With a loss, USC would be 0-2 against Utah. It is hard to argue that USC deserves to compete for a national championship when they repeatedly lose to a team that has 0% chance of making the playoffs.