• The KillerFrogs

TCU-KSU Home Field Advantage

DelFrog

I really believe that the Frogs have to win to reach the CFP, a loss gives the committee the excuse to select Ohio St and you know that is who they want, a perfect ‘blue blood‘ CFP… UGA, Michigan, USC, Ohio St.

Planks

All due respect to the 1938 TCU team, but games from that long ago just aren’t that meaningful. Bring up those 30’s national championships to anyone who isn’t a TCU fan and they will roll their eyes.

The Rose Bowl win was so much more impactful for TCU than that those 30’s national championships.

Take away those 30’s national championships and I’m not sure TCU is any better or worse off today. Take away that Rose Bowl win, and right now we are probably battling it out with SMU for middle of the pack standing in the AAC.

I would happily trade the BOTH of our 30’s national championships just for a win this this weekend over Kansas State. Yes, I just said that. Just making the playoff in 2022 is far more beneficial than those 30’s national championships.

Dogfrog

All due respect to the 1938 TCU team, but games from that long ago just aren’t that meaningful. Bring up those 30’s national championships to anyone who isn’t a TCU fan and they will roll their eyes.

The Rose Bowl win was so much more impactful for TCU than that those 30’s national championships.

Take away those 30’s national championships and I’m not sure TCU is any better or worse off today. Take away that Rose Bowl win, and right now we are probably battling it out with SMU for middle of the pack standing in the AAC.

I would happily trade the BOTH of our 30’s national championships just for a win this this weekend over Kansas State. Yes, I just said that. Just making the playoff in 2022 is far more beneficial than those 30’s national championships.

You lack historic perspective which is prevalent today. The memory of those National Championships, along with all time NFL Hall of Famer Sam Baugh and Heisman winner Davey O’Brien is what kept the football pilot light on at dormant TCU through the 40 year drought from 60’s -90’s as well as exclusion from the Big 12.

Zubaz

You lack historic perspective which is prevalent today. The memory of those National Championships, along with all time NFL Hall of Famer Sam Baugh and Heisman winner Davey O’Brien is what kept the football pilot light on at dormant TCU through the 40 year drought from 60’s -90’s as well as exclusion from the Big 12.
That's all well and good, but basically as relevant as talking about Yale's 20-something national titles. Winning a title when the forward pass was considered new and all players were melanin-challenged isn't really all that applicable to the modern game. Might as well be a separate sport entirely.

Dogfrog

That's all well and good, but basically as relevant as talking about Yale's 20-something national titles. Winning a title when the forward pass was considered new and all players were melanin-challenged isn't really all that applicable to the modern game. Might as well be a separate sport entirely.
Glad you brought that up. Without Baugh and O’Brien and those NC’s TCU football would likely be equivalent to Yale football today.

HFrog1999

I saw the second half of my first TCU game from the club in the South Endzone in the mid 90’s.

I attended the game with our FCA group. Our sponsor and my coach was Eddie Grimes.

They had Davey’s Heisman and a really neat display about TCU’s football history.

That history helped make me interested in TCU. It also motivated me as a fan to cheer for the return to those glory years.

Dogfrog

I saw the second half of my first TCU game from the club in the South Endzone in the mid 90’s.

I attended the game with our FCA group. Our sponsor and my coach was Eddie Grimes.

They had Davey’s Heisman and a really neat display about TCU’s football history.

That history helped make me interested in TCU. It also motivated me as a fan to cheer for the return to those glory years.
I get it that in today’s TV era, the national championship media frenzy is 1000 times what it was in 1938. It was a simpler time. Grantland Rice covered the 1935 TCU-SMU game and called it the game of the century. That was as much hype as you could get in those days but it pales in comparison to today. But the importance of TCU having come this far in prominence in 2022, is enormous for TCU. I am ecstatic.

Eight

met eddie a couple of times and was one of the nicest people

Planks

I understand the argument, from a butterfly effect perspective, of why those 30’s national championships are perhaps important. Without the distant memory of those champions, maybe our admin and donors just decide to not care about football anymore once we were left out of the big 12 in the 90’s. And then we would never be where we are today. We would just be another Rice from a football perspective.

However I still think their is a much clearer and immediate cause and effect that can be seen with the Rose Bowl win.

4 Oaks Frog

The original question was, Does TCU have a home field advantage is Saturday’s BigXII Championship game?
No…AT&T stadium is not the Carter. Neutral site games offer no home field advantage IMHO.

GO FROGS!
BEAT KSU…AGAIN!!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

ShadowFrog

Moderators
The original question was, Does TCU have a home field advantage is Saturday’s BigXII Championship game?
No…AT&T stadium is not the Carter. Neutral site games offer no home field advantage IMHO.

GO FROGS!
BEAT KSU…AGAIN!!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!
Fully Concur
ALL the more reason to pack it as much as possible.
AND ensure we have the FrogHorn ON THE FIELD to belch out our points every score we get!