• The KillerFrogs

Georgia, Michigan and TCU

Wexahu

I’m not really saying that previous rankings mean anything. I know the committee supposedly starts from scratch every week. I’m just saying that previous rankings gave us an idea of what the committee thinks of Ohio State and TCU when they have the same record.

The only argument for the committee changing their mind would be the extra win TCU has had since those last rankings, but our extra win was over Iowa State, the last place team in our conference.

If they thought Ohio State was better than TCU, then a win over Iowa State isn’t the thing that’s going to change their minds. If it’s a subjective decision the committee has to make between 1 loss TCU and 1 loss Ohio State, I think the committee has already shown us who they will pick based upon where they ranked 0 loss TCU and 0 loss Ohio State.
Ohio State lost by 22 points, at home. We won by 48, after we’ve been winning games by less than 10. That makes a difference.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Ohio State is out. Bama will likely be fifth behind Georgia. Michigan, TCU and USC.

But who gives a scheiss? All that matters now is for TCU to take care of business next Saturday and we are in against three other very good and deserving teams.

Planks

Ohio State is out. Bama will likely be fifth behind Georgia. Michigan, TCU and USC.

But who gives a scheiss? All that matters now is for TCU to take care of business next Saturday and we are in against three other very good and deserving teams.

I don’t understand the committee’s love of Alabama this season. They have 2 losses and their best wins of the season are against Texas and Ole Miss, the latter of whom might fall out of the top 25.

There is no argument in my mind for putting Alabama above 1 loss TCU or 1 loss Ohio State. But you might be correct as the committee does seem to love them.

FrogCop19

I hope the team doesn’t believe we’re already in the playoffs. A loss next Saturday and we get dropped like we’re hot.
I see where you're coming from, but if CSD had them ready for the last place team in the conference (with the best defense in the conference, ironically) and put up 62 points, I don't think they are overlooking the team we had to mount an 18-point comeback to beat.

Hell, forget CSD, I don't think MAD MAX would let anyone look past KSU.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I don’t understand the committee’s love of Alabama this season. They have 2 losses and their best wins of the season are against Texas and Ole Miss, the latter of whom might fall out of the top 25.

There is no argument in my mind for putting Alabama above 1 loss TCU or 1 loss Ohio State. But you might be correct as the committee does seem to love them.
Beat Kansas State.

Putt4Purple

Again with the TCU one loss crap! Stop!!!

Wexahu

Look at the teams behind Alabama in the latest CFP ranking. Who should have been ahead of them? Let’s look at those resumes.

They have to rank teams somewhere. They can’t go from 4 to 9 and skip four spots. Seems like people think 8 of the top 10 teams are overranked because the “committee loves them”

McFroggin

Can someone please lock or delete this thread. There are what, 2 pages discussing who gets in between an 11-1 Ohio St and a 12-1 TCU.....

TCU has not lost the CCG, why is there such a huge discussion acting like we have? This is bad Karma. There will be time next Saturday to talk if the situation even comes up.

If we aren’t here to debate random TCU possibilities, why are we here?

If we cut every non-bleed purple thread, there is no KFF. It would be a wasteland.

Karma if we lose and then you’d blame us for being too pompous if we boast about it being easy.

Tshirt Fan

Amazon Football GIF by NFL On Prime Video

So if Kansas State wins next week, then who resides at the top of the Big XII standings pictured here, and the Big XII’s official conference standings; 7-2 K-State or 9-0 TCU? It is always top to bottom by descending number of wins, so 7-2 on top of 9-0 will look like an ugly error.

We know who gets the Big XII trophy. All this talk about what happens to a 1-loss TCU in the playoff ranking, but the #1 reason to win next week is so that a 9-0 conference regular season realizes what it should—a TCU Big XII title for the Big XII record book, and the accompanying trophy to admire. Baylor got theirs last year, in a mild upset.

It should not be that way, but it is—a reset to 0-0, the regular season record is dismissed, and a one game playoff now decides the Big XII Champion.

Last edited:
Here is the official final Big XII standings from last year, after Baylor won the Big XII playoff game. They bump the playoff winner with fewer regular season wins to the top—ugly. They don’t include the playoff win and loss.61D2D5A5-99C9-4DC8-92DA-CF2AC08C864C.jpeg

Rifframbahzoo20

I agree, USC loses and Ohio State deserves to be in over Bama

Rifframbahzoo20

If we aren’t here to debate random TCU possibilities, why are we here?

If we cut every non-bleed purple thread, there is no KFF. It would be a wasteland.

Karma if we lose and then you’d blame us for being too pompous if we boast about it being easy.
Seems some posters just want this site to be a circle jerk.