• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: #4 TCU vs Iowa State; Sponsored by Hell's Half Acre Stadium Goods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wexahu

the touchdown catch by hudson where he got the second foot down was impressive for a young guy who may play a big part in the passing offense next year
He looks the part for sure. Good size, quick and fast. Just needs to get consistent PT and settle in.

tcudoc

Apparently reading comprehension is not one of your talents. Here’s a hint cancer is never part of any “joke”
Lots of comedians have jokes involving cancer. A couple of my all time favorites, Norm MacDonald and Jim Gaffigan had jokes involving cancer. As someone whose mom passed away from breast cancer, I still don’t find the mere mention of the disease something that is taboo for discussion.

Frog-in-law1995

Or stupidity. “Fun during breast cancer week “. If you think that’s even remotely funny then you can piss off
Just saw you edited your post to tell me to piss off. Look man, cancer sucks and we all agree on that. The joke referenced the fact that people wear pink during cancer awareness week. Didn’t make fun of cancer; didn’t even make fun of cancer awareness week. It sounds like you’ve been personally affected by it, perhaps recently, and if so, my sincerest condolences. But if that kind of stuff gets you so emotional that you feel compelled to treat others the way you have been, perhaps an internet message board isn’t the place for you right now.

bc puckett

Just saw you edited your post to tell me to piss off. Look man, cancer sucks and we all agree on that. The joke referenced the fact that people wear pink during cancer awareness week. Didn’t make fun of cancer; didn’t even make fun of cancer awareness week. It sounds like you’ve been personally affected by it, perhaps recently, and if so, my sincerest condolences. But if that kind of stuff gets you so emotional that you feel compelled to treat others the way you have been, perhaps an internet message board isn’t the place for you right now.
I only suggested that if you found the original post even remotely funny then you should piss off. Your response has done nothing to change my opinion but I as always appreciate your right to disagree

Tshirt Fan

Watching the replay and on 4th and long, up by 24, HCSD brings in Griffin Kell to kick a 54 yard field goal.
That level of coaching is very under-rated/under-appreciated.
So what if the kick sails short or wide, but when Kell nails it, his confidence goes up by a mile.
5th longest TCU field goal ever as a bonus.
Really enjoyed rewatching this.

Horny4TCU

Not defending anyone here, but the stats don't lie. 40% of us are going to get cancer. That's everyone. 20% of us are going to die from it. That is per the American Cancer Society. Might as well joke about it now, while we can. It's a real son of [ hundin]. My family has had it's scares and battles, that's for sure. But after the crisis is over, you can either let it keep you down or laugh. I prefer the latter, grief has already beat us up enough.

So, per usual...
stripes lighten GIF

SwissArmyFrog

The joke referenced the fact that people wear pink during cancer awareness week. Didn’t make fun of cancer; didn’t even make fun of cancer awareness week. It sounds like you’ve been personally affected by it, perhaps recently, and if so, my sincerest condolences.

Well put. My wife is a cancer survivor - left her unable to have children. She thought the joke was funny - well, as funny as she would find a joke about pink beavers - as her thinking reflected my own, that the humor was found re: uniform colors + team nickname + how the announcers might embarrass themselves.

Last edited:

tcudoc

I only suggested that if you found the original post even remotely funny then you should piss off. Your response has done nothing to change my opinion but I as always appreciate your right to disagree
You internet message board threatened surgical castration for someone who had a different opinion than yours. I don’t get the sense that you “appreciate” someone’s right to disagree with you.
I defended you when you were attacked unjustly by the frog prince character, who was also threatening physical violence towards several who shared differing opinions than his own. Now you’re doing it too. It’s just weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.