• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: #4 TCU vs Iowa State; Sponsored by Hell's Half Acre Stadium Goods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planks

I liked the call. This is what you get with Sonny. You trust the offense and you end up with a 27-point lead.

For me, I base the decision on the number of possessions. If TCU had 17 point lead, I agree, go for it as there isn’t much difference between a 20 point lead and a 17 point lead. But with a 20 point lead, there is a big difference between a 23 point lead and a 20 point lead. A 23 point lead is almost as good as a 27 point lead.

With that being said, these type of decisions are why Dykes makes 5 million dollars a year and I don’t.

I figure Dykes is trying to run up the score so he can get our starters out of the game as quickly as possible. He is including that in his decision, he is basing his decision on more than just what gives us the best chance to win this game, but what gives us the best chance to win this game AND the next game.

TCUdirtbag

As the blowout continues, let’s compare what our offense (and defense) are doing to the Cyclones relative to our Big 12 peers:

***TCU 41 — Iowa State 7
Baylor 31 — Iowa State 24
Oklahoma 27 — Iowa State 13
Texas 24 — Iowa State 21
Oklahoma State 20 — Iowa State 14
West Virginia 14 — Iowa State 31
Kansas 14 — Iowa State 11
Texas Tech 14 — Iowa State 10
Kansas State 10 — Iowa State 9

Status
Not open for further replies.