• The KillerFrogs

Greetings from a Cyclone fan

First off CONGRATS on the huge win today. Literally this was the only game all year I was jumping up and down (ISU games included) celebrating when the kick went in. I have zero issues with TCU running the table as you guys have always had solid to great teams during the Patterson tenure and now continuing into Dykes tenure. Plus root for Duggan, an Iowa native, who I had to pleasure to watch in person. A high school my family follows closely played against Duggan and Lewis Central in the Iowa High School playoffs.

As with most of you, I am annoyed that any Big 12 team not named OU or UT never gets any favors from the media (this was ISU in 2020 and as you all know TCU in 2014). I won't say since you know who I am talking about but the talking heads from ESPN need to be brought down to earth and nothing would do the trick other than TCU making some noise in the CFP. I am rooting for you guys the rest of the way (yes including ISU) since TCU has everything to play for and ISU..not so much (personally hoping for offensive staff changes at year end). But I will say, do not write off ISU. It is easy to look at ISU being at the bottom of the conference and think this will be a cupcake. It won't. ISU's defense alone has kept ISU in every game this year and held every opponent below their scoring average. Our offense is hot garbage and only closed out 1 win (Iowa) in the 7 (EDIT: now 7 including the Tech loss last night) one possession final score decisions this year. We lost 6 games (edit: including Tech loss) by a combined 24 points. ISU is long overdue for a complete game and I fear it will happen next weekend (and give Campbell a reason to retain the offensive staff).

ISU has Tech tonight so perhaps we can make some noise against Tech so the offensive staff doesn't feel like they are coaching for their jobs against TCU. I have enjoyed following TCU this year and hope they can carry the banner for the Big 12. I would be happy to answer any questions you have about ISU.

Last edited:
I was already worried about our offense against ISU's defense before the injuries we had today.
If ISU's offense for most of the season shows up, you have nothing to worry about. ISU's offense will put the defense in horrible positions (turnover, punt from endzone, etc) and give TCU a short field. Believe me when I say, field goals against ISU matter, big time. We have made some terrible defenses look like the '85 Chicago Bears. Win the field position and turnover battle, you will win the game.

Tshirt Fan

Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that your friendly banner is intended to lull us into a sense of false security?
I remember a certain QB with initials TB, with a team favored to win, who got steamrolled by Iowa State in Amon G. Carter Stadium.
Iowa State is a tough team with nothing to lose next Saturday, so I expect a fierce game with stout midwestern players trying to jam TCU.

Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that your friendly banner is intended to lull us into a sense of false security?
I remember a certain QB with initials TB, with a team favored to win, who got steamrolled by Iowa State in Amon G. Carter Stadium.
Iowa State is a tough team with nothing to lose next Saturday, so I expect a fierce game with stout midwestern players trying to jam TCU.
Good morning, I essentially said DO NOT have a false sense of security. ISU's defense will keep us in every game and has. The only game this year that was more than a 1 possession loss was Oklahoma and even that game was 1 possession until our QB threw an interception deep in ISU's territory in the 4th quarter.

Last night was probably the most frustrating loss so far this year. Over 400 yards of offense, won the turnover and time of possession battle, lost 10-14 after 2 turnover on downs inside the 5 yard line back to back drives and 2 horribly missed chip shot field goals. I have no idea what to expect Saturday. If this trend continues, ISU will get their yards but fail to convert into points and the defense will give up 1-2 long drives to TCU.

Horny4TCU

We’ve been every teams super bowl since we were 5-0
We really are this teams bowl. Their last game. They've watched a TCU team not destroy teams, just like everyone else. Giving a false sense of security and the hopes of knocking us off. And this ISU team might be the team to do it. Like Kryptonite to Superman, their defense is gonna give us trouble. And if they can score on our bipolar defense, we could be in for a rude awakening.

Let's get to things that really matter and will impact next week's game: On a scale of 1-10 how pissed off are the Cyclones after losing to Tech?
Honestly 3 or less. The team has been demoralized after losing 6 one possession games this year. I could be wrong but I don't see ISU coming out looking for blood against TCU. I see the defense doing its thing keeping the TCU offense at check but the ISU offense does nothing so the defense just lets up and TCU wins by a score of 17-10.

froginmn

We’ve been every teams super bowl since we were 5-0
That's why going undefeated, even in a lesser conference, is so damn difficult. Everybody is gunning for you. Tech and Baylor were both going for it on fourth downs (I know that's their thing but the sideline celebration by the Bears after making one showed how much they sunk into that game).

It's REALLY difficult to go undefeated, especially in a P5 conference. Unless I'm mistaken we'd be the first in Big12 since 2005 Texas?

y2kFrog

That's why going undefeated, even in a lesser conference, is so damn difficult. Everybody is gunning for you. Tech and Baylor were both going for it on fourth downs (I know that's their thing but the sideline celebration by the Bears after making one showed how much they sunk into that game).

It's REALLY difficult to go undefeated, especially in a P5 conference. Unless I'm mistaken we'd be the first in Big12 since 2005 Texas?
2009 Texas

Wexahu

Yep. The pressure mounts and it gets harder and harder as the season goes on. And you can feel it build in a game as time ticks by and its still undecided. Honestly haven’t seen ISU play much at all this year, but I think Saturday is gonna be a tussle just because I expect us to be tight and not play all that well. And we really need QJ back to loosen things up in the secondary.