• The KillerFrogs

On Field Video of Game Winning FG... Give 'em Kell TCU

Limey Frog

Holy hell. balls out win by Kell. Balls out Duggan. “We practice that every Thursday”, balls out to Dykes. I’m sold, that’s the [ #2020 ]. Unreal amount of soul on this team, that starts and ends with Duggan. Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose. Can’t lose. Can‘t lose. Can’t lose.
If can't win by one of you don't practice by one.

froginmn

There's no way I could have held my phone/camera still. I would have been shaking like a leaf.
I was streaming the game at the VERY cold Minnesota game tailgate (it was about 15 degrees). I held my phone out for a couple friends during that kick and I was shaking.

My daughter, a junior at Wisconsin, was watching TCU instead of their own game and called me while the kick was in the air. The notification of her call blocked our view of the kick. We watched the reaction of fans (and I assumed she was calling because we'd made the kick).

Stream was on a slight delay; it was all good.

Froginbedford

Though EVERYTHING regarding the last drive of the game was sensational, I was SHOCKED to hear the VOLUME LEVEL of the Frogs fans' cheers for Kell's game winning kick. Any guess as to what % of the crowd Saturday afternoon were FROG FANS!!! That was a memory that will remain with me for the rest of my days!!!!

And the immediate drop in noise level at the instant when Kell kicked...a few seconds...the Baylor fans knew....then the Revivalry Roar of the Horned Frog faithfuls.....

dawg

Don't forget Jordy Sandy who had to take the rushed snap and hold it with zero margin for error. Every bit as clutch as Kell's kick as far as I am concerned.
The whole fg unit deserves credit. It was perfectly executed. Line up, snap, kick. It would be impressive for and NFL team much less college. Well coached and executed.
Absolutely. All 11 dudes deserve a ton of credit for the flawless execution on that play. One flinch, and the game is over. Sandy calls for the snap too soon, too late, or bobbles it, and the game is over. And Kell… ice water in his veins to split the uprights without marking it off.

Incredible play.

Paint It Purple

And the immediate drop in noise level at the instant when Kell kicked...a few seconds...the Baylor fans knew....then the Revivalry Roar of the Horned Frog faithfuls.....
Watch the video taken from behind the goalposts. There was relative quiet with the play 50 yards away. You can see the play begin and almost surreally the ball appears between the uprights out of nowhere. Then bedlam.

Strat Frog

Respectable howl by TCU fans when the ball went through.....
We yelled like crazed SOBs when the kick sailed through. The air left the stadium in a whoosh. Baylor fans’ faces were a range of sickness, disbelief, anger, etc. Almost nobody congratulated us on the win (only two people). The rest filed out fairly silently, passing us with a glance, but not a ‘Congrats’. They were stunned.

Frozen Frog

Some of TCU's best teams in recent memory have had great special teams units especially when it comes to kickers. There is something special when you know if you get it to the 30 that you are scoring points. That gives a team and a coaching staff confidence. Of the top 8 Horned Frogs in career scoring 6 are kickers. That stat is skewed, but there are plenty of games I can remember where we didn't have a kicker and it cost us the game. If only I could get the 2003 Ft. Worth Bowl out of my mind where Browne was injured.