• The KillerFrogs

Finebaum Can't Watch More Than 2 Games a Week

Purp

My handy-dandy ESPN app just gave me an alert that Heather Dinich and Finebaum had opinions about who was on upset alert this week. She's every bit as annoying as Finebaum, but she picked Michigan. Mr. SEC, however, picked us.

His rationale? Even though Baylor is a flawed team TCU doesn't match up well against any of the top 10 on a neutral site and this one isn't a neutral site; it's on the road in Waco.

I can make arguments for myself about how TCU could lose this game, but this one doesn't hold water for me. First, Baylor isn't a top 10 team so that comment is pointless. But Baylor is hardly a juggernaut at home this year either. Hell, if you want to project the match-up versus how Baylor has performed at home and how TCU has performed on the road I think the edge would have to go to TCU. That Finebaum is oblivious to the fact that Baylor got bent over at home last week by EMAW and, out of 3 conference homes games this season, so far they've lost 2 of them says all you need to know about the clown.

He watches only a couple high profile SEC games each week and pretends to know what is happening in the rest of the country. Of all the ESPN talking heads he's the worst (maybe tied with Gilmore). Is it too much to ask that they put informed people on TV?

To help him out I'll offer the historic rivalry and that we only are a few wins ahead in the all time series; the need to see our defense put multiple performances like that together before we can be big believers; the need to see more from our offense as its output has declined each week for about a month; the fact that Baylor finishes with us and Texas so if they want to finish above .500 they have to win one of those 2 and the home game should seem most likely...

This is lazy rubbish and surprisingly bad even for Finebaum.

Last edited:

Purp

Stephen A. Smith also has a stupid hot take. He's suggesting TCU doesn't belong in the CFP because "competition matters" and he listed off our schedule starting with Colorado. He totally ignores the schedules Michigan and tOSU have played and the fact that his own mouse ear network has ours rated as the #1 strength of record. These boobs are nauseating.

Rex Kramer

Are you surprised? ESPN doesn't want us to be anywhere close to the CFP. They never have. People behind the scenes will be popping the champagne bottles if we lose any of the next three games because they'll get to knock us down, say I told you so, and put in a "bigger name" that has a student body 2x our size and an alumni base 5x our size (re: eyes on the tv). Of course they're going to have their idiotic talking heads belittle us and our record now. Unfortunately, it's how the game is played.

scheiss them. Win the games and laugh in their faces.

Purp

Isn’t it a bit like last year but in reverse? Funny things can happen I rivalry games.
I don't buy that argument as much. We weren't motivated to beat them last year because they're a hated rival and the only way for our awful season to be partially redeemed was to ruin their great run. We beat them last year b/c the culture under CGP that had caused us to underperform all season vanished when CGP was canned. Sure, he stayed on for the week to install his game plan, but he had no power over the players anymore and they were free to play loose and fast.

Baylor this year isn't as talented a football team. They aren't underperforming like we did last year. They don't currently have a QB or WRs capable of doing what Chandler did last year. They aren't going to go 10-0 next year with the same personnel they have this season. They don't have a toxic culture in the locker room getting released by Aranda's departure this week. There are so many differences between our team last year and their team this year that I don't think this argument makes enough sense to defend.

Last edited:

Purp

Are you surprised? ESPN doesn't want us to be anywhere close to the CFP. They never have. People behind the scenes will be popping the champagne bottles if we lose any of the next three games because they'll get to knock us down, say I told you so, and put in a "bigger name" that has a student body 2x our size and an alumni base 5x our size (re: eyes on the tv). Of course they're going to have their idiotic talking heads belittle us and our record now. Unfortunately, it's how the game is played.

scheiss them. Win the games and laugh in their faces.
I'm not surprised they're taking this position; I am surprised they're defending the position with such specious arguments.

Frog-in-law1995

Baylor went 12-2 and won the Big 12 championship and Sugar Bowl last year and finished ranked #5 in the country. They’re already bowl-eligible, so they can play loose. And they want to avenge last season when we somehow beat them and might have cost them a shot at the playoff. This is going to be a dog flight on Saturday.

Rex Kramer

I'm not surprised they're taking this position; I am surprised they're defending the position with such specious arguments.
It's because they're stupid. Stephen A has some credibility in talking about the NBA and Finebaum is an SEC homer. Their "expertise" does not extend any further than that. But ESPNs programing dictates that they must argue about everything and the party line does not include us. It's no different these days than watching CNN and Fox News. You can't expect objectivity or intelligent discussions.

Purp

Baylor went 12-2 and won the Big 12 championship and Sugar Bowl last year and finished ranked #5 in the country. They’re already bowl-eligible, so they can play loose. And they want to avenge last season when we somehow beat them and might have cost them a shot at the playoff. This is going to be a dog flight on Saturday.
I agree with your argument. I disagree that it's going to be tough because it's in Waco. They've played 2 of the top 3 B12 teams at home this year and lost to both of them. They have the 3rd coming on Saturday. If their home record against top B12 teams is the support for the position we should be on upset alert then this guy is a fool.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I don't buy that argument as much. We weren't motivated to beat them last year because they're a hated rival and the only way for our awful season to be partially redeemed was to ruin their great run. We beat them last year b/c the culture under CGP that had caused us to underperform all season vanished when CGP was canned. Sure, he stayed on for the week to install his game plan, but he had no power over the players anymore and they were free to play loose and fast.

Baylor this year isn't as talented a football team. They aren't underperforming like we did last year. They don't currently have a QB or WRs capable of doing what Chandler did last year. They aren't going to go 10-0 next year with the same personnel they have this season. They don't have a toxic culture in the locker room getting released by Aranda's departure this week. There are so many differences between our team last year and their team this year that I don't think this argument makes enough sense to defend.
I certainly hope it’s going to be the walkover everyone seems to think it will be.

It does seem like every headline is promoting a reason for TCU to lose.

ESPN this morning: TCU Still #4 In CFP…for now

Wexahu

name me one espn personality who is on the air for their knowledge or expertise?

they are there for schtick and the response they generate be it corso, stephen a, the hillbilly punter, herbstreit, reece davis, etc.....
The first three clowns fit this way more than the Herbstreit and Davis. Those two are professionals, sure their opinions aren't always going to align with yours or anyone else's but they aren't there for schtick. I repeatedly wonder why everyone seems to hate them so much whenever I watch their work.