• The KillerFrogs

Suck it Texas

Deep Purple

I miss the old ACS a lot. It was the best. I love the East Side. Anyone and everyone could get up front and yell at the opposing team, not just students. The band was right next to you. It allowed the students and alum to intermingle a little.

I had amazing seats in the old ACS.

The amazing seating choices in the old ACS were not because it was a superior stadium, but because hardly anyone attended the games during that era, so there was a wide choice of empty seating you could occupy at will. If we got a crowd of 23,000 back then, the Athletics administration was doing cheerleader backflips.

I don't think you're going to convince many here that a stadium that was built when Herbert Hoover was president and the Great Depression was drying up capital was superior to what we have today.

HFrog1999

The amazing seating choices in the old ACS were not because it was a superior stadium, but because hardly anyone attended the games during that era, so there was a wide choice of empty seating you could occupy at will. If we got a crowd of 23,000 back then, the Athletics administration was doing cheerleader backflips.

I don't think you're going to convince many here that a stadium that was built when Herbert Hoover was president and the Great Depression was drying up capital was superior to what we have today.

Good grief, I was taking a shot at CDC, give it a rest

I don’t care if you or anyone else likes the new stadium

Paint It Purple

He works for UT now. He’s a professional. A very competitive professional that was, in the moment, working his job.

You guys kill me. Had he not been on the sideline then I suspect that many here would be calling him a coward.
We fired him, UT hired him. He was very driven, ultra competitive when he wore purple so it’s no surprise that he’s the same in the ugly burnt orange.
Sorry you don't get it. It's not personal. I get it he's a pro and works for Texas. I'm a pro fan and an alumnus. He's the enemy now.

Deep Purple

Good grief, I was taking a shot at CDC

A thousand pardons. I never realized you intended this statement to be about CDC:

You might like the new stadium, I don’t

I'm still trying to piece together the connection between that statement and CDC, but I'm sure it must be there, since you say it is.

I don’t care if you or anyone else likes the new stadium

Also puzzling out why you've made 10 or more posts about a stadium you don't care about. There must be a perfectly logical explanation.

give it a rest

Animated GIF

Froginbedford

Totally agree about calling ACS a jewel. Have seats in the NEZ that split the uprights. Fantastic viewing.

NF
I had NEZ seats also between the ruprights from 2014-2021 until back problems made it too uncomfortable to walk from the Paschal shuttle drop off point on Bowie at University to the stadium and back again after the game....TV and the recliner helps avoid the pain, but I miss the atmosphere....and really wish I could be there this year....

FrogBall09

He was offered the chance to stay in an executive role. That happens all the time in the business world. I’ve seen hospital CMOs who have been shifted out of the role but given soft landings in a different role to show appreciation for all they have done.
I’m pretty sure that was on the table for Patterson. He simply did not want to do that.
I greatly appreciate all he did and don’t have any hate for him. I like the “lost a bit off his fastball” analogy. Still a great coach and a legacy for TCU, but his time had come to step aside.
No it wasn’t- I guess this lie stays alive because it makes all the people who want to feel big by bashing GP better about their actions

But at no time did we have a paid position to offer GP at TCU once the decision was made to fire him

NORMLFROG

I had NEZ seats also between the ruprights from 2014-2021 until back problems made it too uncomfortable to walk from the Paschal shuttle drop off point on Bowie at University to the stadium and back again after the game....TV and the recliner helps avoid the pain, but I miss the atmosphere....and really wish I could be there this year....
Tell you what. If your back can handle one game this year I would be honored for you to be my guest at Iowa State. PM me if you would like to give it the old college try.

NF

Eight

No it wasn’t- I guess this lie stays alive because it makes all the people who want to feel big by bashing GP better about their actions

But at no time did we have a paid position to offer GP at TCU once the decision was made to fire him

oh good, instead of enjoying the win over texas, the frogs going 10-0, the continued national media exposure via fox next week, we get this continued argument that is about as enthralling as the b12 offficiating conspiracies, conference realignment rumors and theories, and the cfp is rigged