• The KillerFrogs

Suck it Texas

HFrog1999

You're throwing out the baby with the bath water. The Plus4 seating plan has absolutely nothing to do with the stadium's quality of design. Two different things. The only thing that lumps them together is your bitterness at not being able to afford club or suite seating.

Guess what? I can't afford them either. And I hated the Plus4 seating plan. And ACS is still a jewel, far superior to what most schools have. Many have bigger stadiums. Very few have better.

Old ACS was better for the average fan who actually liked to watch the game instead of hang out at the club bar.

Plus 4 pushed a lot of us to the back of the line and put opposing fans in better seats than longtime TCU fans

So, that’s CDC’s legacy and I hope he’s miserable

Deep Purple

Old ACS was better for the average fan who actually liked to watch the game instead of hang out at the club bar.

Untrue. There are tens of thousands of very good seats in the new ACS that are not in any of the club sectons. And unlike the old ACS, most of them have seatbacks and you don't have to put up with wooden splinters piercing your bum.

Horny4TCU

Plus 4 pushed a lot of us to the back of the line and put opposing fans in better seats than longtime TCU fans

So, that’s CDC’s legacy and I hope he’s miserable
I miss the old ACS a lot. It was the best. I love the East Side. Anyone and everyone could get up front and yell at the opposing team, not just students. The band was right next to you. It allowed the students and alum to intermingle a little.

TBH, every time I watch a KU home game I think of the old ACS. Not the same, at all, but that old concrete look...

DutchFrog

If GP was just an analyst, it would seem he’d want to be up in the booth out of sight for this particular game as the optics aren’t particularly good. Instead, he’s on the sidelines quite visible quite involved. I think that added fuel and an incentive to our defensive players to prove they were better than what they achieved last year under his management.

Game. Set. Match. TCU defense.
Haven’t gone through this thread to see if the answer is already there, but Analysts are not allowed in the booth unless they fit within similar time parameters as graduate assistants. Simply put, GP is too far removed from his undergraduate and is too old to fall within NCAA eligibility to be in the press box. Therefore, his only option is on the field.

And, as I’ve said before, he’s not eligible for a headset unless it’s the one designated non-speaking headset that the sidelines are permitted.

So this is why we only see him on the sidelines and why he doesn’t have a headset, as Sark has decided someone else is more necessary for the non-speaking headset.

HFrog1999

Untrue. There are tens of thousands of very good seats in the new ACS that are not in any of the club sectons. And unlike the old ACS, most of them have seatbacks and you don't have to put up with wooden splinters piercing your bum.

Lol

It took me 10 years of upgrades to get decent seats. I sat all over the stadium. Endzone, East Side, West side Upper and Lower deck.

I had amazing seats in the old ACS.

You might like the new stadium, I don’t because the suites and the West Side club take up too much area that used to be filled with average TCU fans interested in staying in their seats and watching the game

Last edited:

Frog DJ

I understand the outrage about ACS; I just don’t share the sentiment.

We’ve had season tickets dating back to the 60s, and we lost great seats in the rebuild, but TCU most likely would never have gotten the Big XII invite without the new ACS.

The new and improved stadium was built on the backs of major donors and fans who spent more than most of us could afford, and TCU avoided corporate naming rights.

That certainly resulted in some of us losing primo locations, but it resulted in a much improved conference affiliation, and we don’t have to suffer “Papa John Pizza Stadium”

I can live with seats in the upper deck on the East Side.

Go Frogs!

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Also for the GP bashers. Did you see him with Duggan after the game? It was pretty clear that he still takes some pride in the Horned Frogs beating the big bad Horns. Hate to see him in that disgusting color, but still love me some GP. CDC, on the other hand, looked like a HUGE doosh in his burnt orange duster and cowboy hat. What a fraud, that guy.
I’ll say that as to CDC we all knew he was a mercenary on the make but he did great things for TCU including hiring his successor. You don’t have to like him to respect what he did here.

Nick Danger

Is it trending in a Eastern European dictator way?
Or the planetary leader of some malevolent alien race that always had these pseudo-military uniform looking outfits and had names like First Minister Jaro or Commander Krill!

index.php