• The KillerFrogs

Suck it Texas

HFrog1999

Yeah, I thought that was a revealing moment caught by the cameras. He’s obviously a bitter man who has invested emotionally in our failure. The necessary decision to fire him was a business decision on our part and not a personal one. And yet he took it personally. I guess he never saw The Godfather.

However, I do respect him for staying on the field after the game and greeting Max and some of our other players. So, in the end, he seems to be a conflicted man at this point. As some women like to say about their romantic relationships, “It’s complicated.”

I’m sure he had high hopes for this year’s team when he was fired. He probably thinks he’d be 10-0 if he was the coach.

Deep Purple

CDC’s legacy is the Plus 4 and a stadium with terrible seats for anyone not in the suites or club

What stadium would that be? It sure ain't ACS.

I've had season tix in two locations with sight lines as good as anything in the suites or the clubs. I've even watched from the student section, which has some of the best sight lines in the place. OTOH, I watched from two different suites where the sight lines weren't as good as from my season seats.

Some guys let their hatred run away with them so much, they're willing to trash the good with the bad. ("We had to burn the village in order to save it.") Having visited most of the football stadiums in the Big 12 (and several in other conferences), I can attest that ACS is a jewel, providing a far superior fan experience over many rival stadiums.

BTW, regarding "the club"... there are actually five club sections in ACS. As penance for stadium ignorance, you're assigned to memorize these. There will be an exam.
  • Founders Club (Westside)
  • Champions Club (Westside)
  • Moncrief Club (South Endzone)
  • Touchdown Club (SE Endzone)
  • Legends Club (Eastside)

ShadowFrog

Moderators

I've had season tix in two locations with sight lines as good as anything in the suites or the clubs. I've even watched from the student section, which has some of the best sight lines in the place. OTOH, I watched from two different suites where the sight lines weren't as good as from my season seats.

Some guys let their hatred run away with them so much, they're willing to trash the good with the bad. ("We had to burn the village in order to save it.") Having visited most of the football stadiums in the Big 12 (and several in other conferences), I can attest that ACS is a jewel, providing a far superior fan experience over many rival stadiums.

BTW, regarding "the club"... there are actually five club sections in ACS. As penance for stadium ignorance, you're assigned to memorize these. There will be an exam.
Bring 2 BlueBooks.
And three #2 pencils, sharpened.
And no potty breaks.

Brog

Saw a post from UT forum. Fan saying UT should start now campaigning for a Heisman for Arch Manning, 18 year old, who arrives on campus maybe in the spring. National championship now assured for the next several years.

Purple Hearted

I would rather not bash GP either. That is before I saw him on camera yelling at the officials for a flag. The announcers called him still being competitive. I call it he wanting to beat us and rub our noses in it. He's not just a dispassionate analyst. He's a T-sip now. Screw him.
He works for UT now. He’s a professional. A very competitive professional that was, in the moment, working his job.

You guys kill me. Had he not been on the sideline then I suspect that many here would be calling him a coward.
We fired him, UT hired him. He was very driven, ultra competitive when he wore purple so it’s no surprise that he’s the same in the ugly burnt orange.

NORMLFROG

Totally agree about calling ACS a jewel. Have seats in the NEZ that split the uprights. Fantastic viewing.

NF

HFrog1999

Well good for you. However I think the stadium sucks for people who can’t afford club seats. It took me 10 years of seat upgrades to get decent seats in the new stadium but I couldn’t afford to keep them because I got laid off because of our crappy economy. I’ve sat in several different areas of the stadium so you can take your accusation of ignorance and shove it up your butt.

I’m not going through 10 more years to get decent seats again so I won’t be buying season tickets again

CDC crapped on long time fans with the new stadium and his plus 4 reseating, I hope he’s miserable in Austin

froginmn

Saw a post from UT forum. Fan saying UT should start now campaigning for a Heisman for Arch Manning, 18 year old, who arrives on campus maybe in the spring. National championship now assured for the next several years.
They should focus on making it to signing day.

Last edited:

HFrog1999

Totally agree about calling ACS a jewel. Have seats in the NEZ that split the uprights. Fantastic viewing.

NF

Sat there in 2012

hated it damon wayans GIF

LisaLT

Yeah, I thought that was a revealing moment caught by the cameras. He’s obviously a bitter man who has invested emotionally in our failure. The necessary decision to fire him was a business decision on our part and not a personal one. And yet he took it personally. I guess he never saw The Godfather.

However, I do respect him for staying on the field after the game and greeting Max and some of our other players. So, in the end, he seems to be a conflicted man at this point. As some women like to say about their romantic relationships, “It’s complicated.”
Can you imagine if he had run off the field without saying a word to his former players - especially Max? I think he cares for these kids and is happy for their success, no matter how bittersweet it is.

Did anyone see if he went up to Dykes after the game? Curious if that happened.

Deep Purple

Well good for you. However I think the stadium sucks for people who can’t afford club seats. It took me 10 years of seat upgrades to get decent seats in the new stadium but I couldn’t afford to keep them because I got laid off because of our crappy economy. I’ve sat in several different areas of the stadium so you can take your accusation of ignorance and shove it up your butt.

I’m not going through 10 more years to get decent seats again so I won’t be buying season tickets again

CDC crapped on long time fans with the new stadium and his plus 4 reseating, I hope he’s miserable in Austin
You're throwing out the baby with the bath water. The Plus4 seating plan has absolutely nothing to do with the stadium's quality of design. Two different things. The only thing that lumps them together is your bitterness at not being able to afford club or suite seating.

Guess what? I can't afford them either. And I hated the Plus4 seating plan. And ACS is still a jewel, far superior to what most schools have. Many have bigger stadiums. Very few have better.

HG73

GP should have taken the cushy ambassador job at TCU until he received a suitable HC or coordinator offer. Instead he immediately jumped to a big rival for basically no money. Lame.