• The KillerFrogs

Suck it Texas

Power of Purple

Ticket Exchange Pass
Put a message in a time machine to 2007 and tell me this after I leave DKR having watched TCU struggle to move the ball at DKR with basically no running back and Andy Dalton as a freshman.

Message from 2023: "It's going to be alright, guys. But not for Texas."
Hahahahaaaaaaa awesome. I was there and that would have seemed impossible to me. Amazing how it turned out.

McGregor's Goat

Another question tonthe Patterson bashers: do we not give a little bit of credit to him for this team? He recruited all these player correct? Just needed a different voice.
I've been thinking about this. The weird thing is he did a great job recruiting the offensive players on this team, but the defense was a mess at the end of his run. I'm not sure TCU was a top 100 defense in 2021. They do have some solid players that GP recruited (e.g., Tomlinson, Winters, Hodge, etc) but no real stars, and the transfer guys + Damonic Williams + the change in scheme have been crucial this year.

But I'm not a Patterson basher! I don't understand how people refuse to acknowledge that he saved this program from the wilderness. The Bob Stoops scenario of the legendary coach going out voluntarily while everything is still rolling is the very rare exception.

ATC Frog

Put a message in a time machine to 2007 and tell me this after I leave DKR having watched TCU struggle to move the ball at DKR with basically no running back and Andy Dalton as a freshman.

Oh man. I was at that game too. It was my junior year and my dad and I traveled to that game. He missed out on going to OU in 2005 for one reason or another and didn’t want to miss out on a trip to Texas too. Dalton at QB, Ryan Christian at RB.

The OU trip was much better.

Hemingway

Another question tonthe Patterson bashers: do we not give a little bit of credit to him for this team? He recruited all these player correct? Just needed a different voice.
You’re picking and parsing what you want. He and His staff did most of the recruiting, then he and his staff did not coach em up. They did not get this out of them. They were getting out coached most of the time actually. He refused to adjust and get new blood. His career is in the toilet now btw and I don’t enjoy seeing it.

He could’ve helped TCU this season btw in admin. Or taken a long vacation till hiring starts.. But that would’ve been to simple for his id.

Last edited:

HFrog1999

I had to look it up, but I found this on On3.com:

Report reveals how close TCU was to landing Quinn Ewers​

Justin Rudolph•12/13/21
report-reveals-how-close-tcu-horned-frogs-landing-quinn-ewers-texas-longhorns-sonny-dykes

When the top recruiting prospect from the 2021 class, Quinn Ewers, announced he would be transferring from Ohio State, the speculation was that he would return and play for a university in his home state of Texas. That assumption was proved correct when Ewers committed to play in Austin for the Texas Longhorns on Sunday.
Ewers’ list of Texas schools had many familiar names on it, TCU was among them. And on Monday, more information was revealed on just what happened with the Horned Frogs and their possible recruitment of Ewers.
TCU is the closest Power 5 school of note close to where the freshman played his high school ball at Southlake Carroll. So, what exactly did go awry for the Horned Frogs. According to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, TCU football head coach Sonny Dykes did not show up to help pitch TCU to Ewers last week.

Dykes had a prior recruiting arrangement to attend and let the members of his staff speak to Ewers in his place.

Jurassic Park Wow GIF by Spotify

SirFrogsAlot

You’re picking and parsing what you want. He and His staff did most of the recruiting, then he and his staff did not coach em up. They did not get this out of them. They were getting out coached most of the time actually. He refused to adjust and get new blood. His career is in the toilet now btw and I don’t enjoy seeing it.

He could’ve helped TCU this season btw in admin. Or taken a long vacation till hiring starts.. But that would’ve been to simple for his id.
We did fire him.

I’ve never been fired, but I’m not sure how willing I would be to “help” a team/organization that fired me.

Double V

Oh man. I was at that game too. It was my junior year and my dad and I traveled to that game. He missed out on going to OU in 2005 for one reason or another and didn’t want to miss out on a trip to Texas too. Dalton at QB, Ryan Christian at RB.

The OU trip was much better.
Same, but I had graduated and moved to Austin. Was at the game with some new "friends" who were Horn alumni. It was horrible.

Double V

Also for the GP bashers. Did you see him with Duggan after the game? It was pretty clear that he still takes some pride in the Horned Frogs beating the big bad Horns. Hate to see him in that disgusting color, but still love me some GP. CDC, on the other hand, looked like a HUGE doosh in his burnt orange duster and cowboy hat. What a fraud, that guy.

froginmn

CDC, on the other hand, looked like a HUGE doosh in his burnt orange duster and cowboy hat. What a fraud, that guy.
This. I think the hate for Gary is love-hate.

I don't get why there isn't more hate for a guy who CHOSE to leave us to go to UT. And yes, to those of us who know his history, CDC looked like a [ profanity ].

Horned Toad

As I said in another post, some of you guys are idiots. Gary was total class last night when he spoke to Dugan. I will forever love CGMFP and what he did for TCU. Although I wish he wasn’t at UT, I don’t blame him a bit for taking the analyst role there. Very few coaches just walk away from the game and he wasn’t ready to retire. When he does, I expect him to be wearing purple.

tcudoc

Put a message in a time machine to 2007 and tell me this after I leave DKR having watched TCU struggle to move the ball with basically no running back and Andy Dalton as a freshman.

That reminds me that a few years ago, I found a diary that I kept when I was a baby. It started: “Day one: Still tired from the move. People talk to me like I’m an idiot.”

-Steven Wright

tcudoc

We did fire him.

I’ve never been fired, but I’m not sure how willing I would be to “help” a team/organization that fired me.
He was offered the chance to stay in an executive role. That happens all the time in the business world. I’ve seen hospital CMOs who have been shifted out of the role but given soft landings in a different role to show appreciation for all they have done.
I’m pretty sure that was on the table for Patterson. He simply did not want to do that.
I greatly appreciate all he did and don’t have any hate for him. I like the “lost a bit off his fastball” analogy. Still a great coach and a legacy for TCU, but his time had come to step aside.

Horned Toad

He was offered the chance to stay in an executive role. That happens all the time in the business world. I’ve seen hospital CMOs who have been shifted out of the role but given soft landings in a different role to show appreciation for all they have done.
I’m pretty sure that was on the table for Patterson. He simply did not want to do that.
I greatly appreciate all he did and don’t have any hate for him. I like the “lost a bit off his fastball” analogy. Still a great coach and a legacy for TCU, but his time had come to step aside.
This